Chapter 11

Miraculous healing

Marinette was sewing the bodice to the dress. The silver needle swiftly going down and up. Her fingers easily went to pull it up, and then push it back down. She has been sewing for a long time and can work on a piece without paying and work fast, but that usually leads to a prick in the finger so it's best for her to stay focused. After the incident at the counter with her. She's been staying in her room for forever. A part of her refused to go downstairs. Because she was scared of what would happen.

"Your dress looks beautiful Marinette!" Tikki smiled. Floating over the desk with a warm smile. The kwami had been helping Marinette along the way. Soothing her whenever she could and reassuring her she was there. If she wasn't so small Marinette would consider her a second mother. Marinette looked at the red god. "Thank you, Tikki." Marinette said warmly. Her bluebell eyes returning to the bodice. Tikki still watches cheerfully. Her deep blue eyes following Marinette's hands.

"You do excellent needlework Marinette! Your work as a fashion designer will be beautiful." The kwami grinned. "I haven't had a seamstress holder for a long time." Marinette perked up at that. "What were the other holders like?" She asked with interests. Tikki eagerly began to talk.

"One of my ladybug's was from ancient Egypt. Her name was Maat. But she called herself Shai for her ladybug form. She was worshipped as the god of luck and fate. Along with justice and law." Marinette smiled. "Hippolyta was another. She donned her girdle and the earrings proudly. But she did give her girdle away to Heracles no problem." Tikki giggled. Tikki's eyes widened. "Oh! Tentomushi was an assassin!"

Marinette sputtered. Her eyes almost bulging out of her head. "She was a what?!" The teen shouted. Gaping as she looked at Tikki.

Tikki was surprised by the outburst but continued. "Yes. She was an assassin. She took out bad people before they did things, but she wouldn't kill innocent people." Tikki recovered. "Her Chat Noir was a samurai. Their partnership.... started with a...bang?" A red paw came up to Tikki's chin as she thought about it. "She would call me a prude for keeping it PG."

Marinette pulled her lips into a thin line. "If she would've called you prude I don't wanna hear about i- OW!" She yelled. Sticking her finger into her mouth with a wince. Tikki gasped putting her paws over her mouth. Marinette sucked on the tip of her finger, and then pulled it out. Holding it with a frown. She had pricked her finger. "Ouch." She whined. Tikki looked at Marinette. "Oh! I'm so sorry Marinette! I shouldn't have distracted you."

Marinette smiled at Tikki. "It's fine, I should have been paying attention." Marinette shook her hand and went to continue sewing. Tikki flew off to another side of the room. Leaving Marinette alone with her thoughts.

Marinette barely got sleep or went out anymore. Seeing certain people can trigger memories from Execution day. She barely went outside so she would avoid bumping into her class. But it was best, Especially since they made her think of Lily. That was the Lyres name until she could get over this. And she was sure Alya couldn't have the Fox Miraculous anymore or it'd affect the way she performs as Ladybug...She might have to ask Master Fu for a backup. She was in no way, shape, or form to be Ladybug. Even thinking of hopping onto rooftops made her sick. So many memories she wanted to hide away.

The worst part was the nightmares. They were so real. She could feel the warmth...the liquid..him in her arms. The words echoing in her head as her own clashed against them. Her eyes watered. She had to focus. Focus on the dress. She avoided sleeping because she was scared that she would have nightmares. The only reason she wasn't slamming her forehead into her bodice and needles was that she was fueled by coffee and sugar. But she did have the conversation with her parents, it was so hard to resist. Resist thinking about it. She started going to therapy for her nightmares. At least it eased the situation up a bit.

Switching to something else. She switches from sleeping on her bed to her balcony from time to time. Tikki told her it was dangerous to be sleeping on her balcony. Especially when her parents had no idea. But who in their right mind would put in the effort? To climb ALL the way to her roof. Get DOWN to her balcony. And kidnap her, or Hurt her? That's a lot of determination. Besides, she'd kick their ass. The only person she could think of is Hawkmoth. He's awfully persistent. But that's creepy. Why is he climbing onto teen girls' balconies? Why would he want to kidnap a civilian? That's something she doesn't want to think about.

Marinette shook her head, and she continued to sew the bodice.

---

Her desk had fabrics beside it, she had recently bought materials for the dress. She pulled out an old mannequin she had to model the dress. She really didn't want to look for volunteers...

Besides the dress was her size, she could model herself.

Marinette stopped sewing and grabbed her caramel drink. Sipping the sweet liquid and taking the straw out to lick the whipped cream, she placed it back in her cup and spun in her chair. Using her heel to stop as she faced where her trap door was. She began stretching her arms upwards with a yawn before she stood and stretched more.

"Marinette!"

Marinette heard her mother call her name. A small frown formed on Marinette's lips. She went down the stairs cautiously. Seeing no one but her parents. "Maman? Papa?" She said quizzically. Walking down to them as her eyes flickered to the side and back to them a few times. "Yes?" She asked.

Sabine had her hands folded neatly. Though she looked serious, her Papa was right beside her. "Do you want to go back to school?" Her mother asked. Marinette stiffened, she stayed silent. Looking down to the ground. She couldn't even face Alya. How would she be able to face the whole class without bursting into tears?

"Do I have to?" Marinette gulped. Looking up at her mother.

"No."

Marinette felt all the weight and stress from her body be released. Like a soothing massage, satisfaction replacing everything. She sighed, it was quiet. And she felt herself smile. It was shy but still visible. Her mother smiled at her. It was still tense.

"But. We will be getting you homeschooled. You won't be going to public school until you're ready." Tom spoke. Marinette nodded. "Thank you." She hugged both of them happily. Before going upstairs once again.

She felt bad for feeling good. She didn't have to see them every day. Or ever. She still felt bad, they probably had good reasons for abandoning her-

Marinette sharply sucked in air. Shaking her head and returning to her desk.

---

It was late. Marinette had been in her room all day sewing. That's what she did to consume all the time in her day anyway. It was kinda...the only thing she wanted to do. She had earbuds plugged in because someone was very persistent to talk to her. And she didn't feel like having another "moment." But she was pretty tired. She'd been working on the dress all day. Her fingers brushed the earbuds she had and took them out. The teen stretched. Before preparing to go to bed.

Marinette wore an oversized gray shirt with a golden T.S. signature on it and pink pajama shorts that were hidden by the shirt. She grabs her pillow and prepares to head to the balcony.

...

"Plagg...claws out..."

Well this is kind of like s filler chapter. Sorry, it's just that I now want Chat to still love but I'm not sure whether it will be the same guy.