1

"Can you understand me?" You opened your eyes, but couldn't see anything. You opened your mouth to speak, but all that came out was dry air.
"Raise your right hand if you can understand me."
You shakily raised your hand.
"Wrong hand, H1."
You heard something reminiscent of a pencil scribbling on paper. Are they taking notes? You once again opened you mouth to speak, and heard a thoughtful hum for the mysterious figure. "You'll be able to speak soon. For now, I need the silence." You heard the figure shift quietly, before a secure pressure bound your hands to the surface you lay on. You could practically smell the sour expression on their face- they were disgusted by you.
"Don't move if you value your eyesight."
Suddenly, a sliver of light appeared in your vision. As you blinked, the bright lights of the room came into view, but you soon became painfully aware of the fact that you were restrained to the point where you couldn't turn your head and observe you surroundings at all. The mysterious being took notice of this newest development and bent over you to shine a bright light into your sensitive eyes. You physically felt the painfully quick dilation and your vision became blurry. However, what you could see was deeply unsettling, and your heart rate spiked. The figure observing you did not appear human. He looked skeletal, but not like a human skeleton. His facial features, although blurred, seemed much too expressive to be a natural human skeleton. His "skull" was cracked in multiple places, and his eye sockets showcased two bright pinpricks of light that seemed to act as pupils.
His brow bones shifted together as he noticed your shifted focus.
"You're more observational than you should be, H1. Be a good human and remind me that I may need to up your sedative doses."
He was silent for a moment.
"... I think you'll remember when the pain sets in."
Your eyes widened, and the skeleton took the opportunity to hold one eye open and shine the bright light in it again.
"D o n t m o v e..."
There was a blinding flash, and then pain... and then, nothing.