2

You woke up with a startled gasp to a sharp headache and a blurry room. As your vision cleared, you began to turn your attention to your surroundings. The "room" consisted of three concrete walls, a shelf, and four bright, blue beams of light that separated you from whatever lay beyond.
You felt incredibly tired, and the world seemed to be lightly rocking. You clutched the thin fabric gown that covered you and tested your voice, letting out what sounded like the hunger cries of a baby bird. Immediately, you became flushed and felt embarrassed at the pitiful noise.
A clicking noise snapped you out of your daze.
You looked up to see a tall skeleton in a long white lab coat, holding a clipboard under his arm.
"Good. You're awake. What do you remember?" He pulled out the clipboard and readied a pencil before looking up at you with sarcastic, cold eyes.
You hesitated for a moment, and then drew a shaky breath.
"I-I remember.... um... I think I tripped? And... and it hurt and then..."
He scowled at your hesitation, so you continued.
"I woke up to you shining damn lights in my eyes and I couldn't t-talk and it hurts again..."
You shifted your eyes up to meet his.
He had a disgusted scowl planted on his face.
" d o n o t speak to me that way." He hissed, a deathly calm settling over his skeletal features.
"You are not in control here, H1. Remember that."
You simply nodded, hardly able to hear him over the sound of your blood rushing and your heart thumping.
His eyes were pure black, with no hint of light visible in them. He waited a moment, and then spoke once more.
".... if you continue talking back to me, and treating me as though I am in any way inferior to you, rest assured I will put you in your miserable place, human."
"........."
He took your silence as a queue to continue.
"I am Dr. Gaster. However, I don't expect you to call me anything at all. You will be staying here as long as I see fit, and you will be the subject of experiments designed to learn more about the human body. You are not irreplaceable."
He paused to take notes.
"........"
"You will come with me."