6

You had been in Dr.Gaster's lab for... well... it must have been months. His visits became increasingly infrequent, and for the most part, you had been left alone to recover your confidence. You were fed daily, and the skeleton would stand just outside of your cell and take notes as you ate. Other than that, though, you hardly had any contact with him anymore. You were fed up and relieved at the same time. After the first few weeks, you had stopped trying to communicate with him at all- he wouldn't answer even if you did. His former sadistic attitude, that spark that ignited in his eyes when he would talk about all the horrible things he would do to you, was gone now. You noticed that he would come in with badly-patched tears in his usually pristine white jacket, and witnessed him drop his coffee mugs several times. You didn't want to admit it, but you were worried about the bag of bones.
For this reason, you came up with a plan. You figured that he would be as lonely as you were, since he wasn't speaking to you anymore. You wanted to get a rise out of him, force that fire back into his soul (hopefully in a way that wouldn't get you killed.) So, despite your nerves, when Gaster entered your cell to deliver your meal, you set a determined smile on your face, and spoke. "Heya, doc. Whatcha got for me today?"
".........."
".................."
His face was dark. You knew that you had made a mistake, but you couldn't back down now.
"H-hey uh..." your voice seemed to stop, as his dark eyes met yours.
A few moments passed, and then you felt a familiar heaviness in your chest, accompanied by a sudden flare of colorful magic in the man's eyes.
"....do not... ever speak to me that way again...."
His voice was oozing contempt, but his hands shook. You knew that you were in danger.
He knew that you knew that you were in danger, and he loved it. Your plan had worked. Only, as you were violently lifted from the ground by his magic, you wished that it hadn't.