7

This chapter and the next are courtesy of @yansans1 - they came up with this fantastic idea💙💙💙

You were still bruised from your last run-in with Dr. Gaster when he came to retrieve you from your cell again. You were sure to keep quiet- his temper had been short as of late.
You couldn't help letting your eyes wander up to his cracked skull every once in a while when he wasn't looking, though. You were starved for attention. Although you knew better than to confront him about it, you knew that he must be going through something awful. His eye sockets sagged, and he moved sluggishly. Had he been sleeping?
.... You scolded yourself for the sentimental thoughts. He didn't deserve them.
After some time, you arrived in.... a lounge? There were several couches strewn about, and a desk (presumably belonging to Gaster) in the center of the room. He took his seat at the desk and half-heartedly mumbled at you to "sit down and be quiet."
You were confused, but sat anyways and just watched the man as he shifted through various files and took notes, hardly paying any mind to you. The thought of escaping while the skeleton was distracted did cross your mind, but was quickly shattered as you realized that all of the doors had automatic locks, and wouldn't be opening for you.
Time passed slowly. You were tired, but Gaster seemed to be even more so? He was almost immobile at this point, staring blankly at a file on his desk without seeming to care.
With excitement, you watched the man's eyes flutter shut. He was asleep. You searched the room desperately for any chance of escape, but the doors were very locked, and the vent covers wouldn't budge. Disappointment in your soul, you sat back down and watched your captor sleep. He seemed satisfied for a while, but after some time he began to shiver violently.
Oh, shit. If he wakes up in a foul mood, I'm gonna take the brunt of it.
You glanced around until your eyes settled on a small throw blanket that had been tossed over the back of one of the couches. Without thinking about it too much, you grabbed it and tossed it over the sleeping man's shoulders.
There, that should do it.
You breathed a sigh of relief as his rattling bones quieted, and he fell back into a peaceful sleep.