𝐕𝐈

TRUSTING

。。。

all jeno could think about while he was tossing and turning in bed was na jaemin. the pink haired bartender that happened to capture his heart in record time. it felt insane moving so fast, but at the same time it was exhilarating.

every time he was around the male, it felt like he was in a state of euphoria.

a week, he thought. a week has passed since the ice cream parlor and he still couldn't get rid of the feeling of jaemin's lips so close to his. it made him wonder what it would feel like if they had actually kissed. to say that he was distracted was a whole understatement.

deciding that enough was enough, he sat up on his bed and turned on the lamp on his night stand. slipping on his glasses, he stumbled out of bed and into his office at the opposite end of the small hallway in his apartment. jeno needed to distract himself from the pink haired angel, and the only way he could think of was to investigate some more on the 'nana' case.

for that week, he's been in and out of the station trying to rule out suspects and yet, they were left again with almost nothing. which again, frustrated jeno to the highest possible level there is.

he flipped on the light switch and took a look at his office. the room was pretty much in the same state as when he started, just a tad bit neater due to johnny stopping by and complaining how messy his workplace was.

jeno went over to his desk and flipped through the files he was given today. those files held possible suspects and he spent the whole day just analyzing them.

"left handed and born on august thirteenth, 2000." jeno muttered to himself as he mindlessly flipped through the profiles.

so far, he'd only gotten two hits with this theory. a choi bomin and a cho hyeyeon. the two worked relatively close to the murder scenes and are quite private in their lives. worked jobs that surrounded them with people, but never interacted with them unless it is needed. both also have records in tampering in the field of hacking somewhere in their early to late teens.

even with this overflowing evidence, jeno had a prickling feeling in him. a feeling that told him that these two didn't commit these heinous crimes. none of the profiles he'd reviewed really screamed murderer to him, but then again, this person has gotten away with murder for about nine years already.

this person can be very well playing him and the whole police department and he wouldn't even have a clue.

his train of whirling thoughts was interrupted by the buzz of his phone, signaling a text.

"who in the hell texts at four in the morning?" he grumbled whilst picking up his phone to check who the culprit was. the male was pleasantly surprised by the contact name 'angel from heaven'.

ANGEL FROM HEAVEN

you still awake handsome?
just wanted to chat.

yeah, i'm wide awake.
what's up?

i just couldn't sleep
:/

me neither as you can
see

hehe, anyways what
are you doing then?

just more investigating,
y'know...detective stuff

i'm sure you'll catch them
soon :)

thanks for the
encouragement angel

...

what? what's wrong?

you called me angel.

i did? oh shit i did.

don't sweat it handsome.
now we're matching ;)

gosh, now i'm blushing
hajsndkd

cutie <3

-🌸-

jaemin stared blankly at the bright screen of his phone.

the male was currently buried under a heap of blankets, reading over his and jeno's text messages.

"angel huh? i'm far from that, lee jeno."

after their 'date' as jaemin would like to call it, jeno had invited him over a few times to just hang out and get to know each other better. in that week, jaemin learned a whole lot about the boy. too much almost.

he was like a waterfall of information.

jaemin learned that the male had quite the interesting past. jeno's mother was involved in a homicide that resulted in her death. the killer wasn't found and was still out there somewhere, maybe dead if natural causes got to them. and the latter was only ten years of age, so seeing the supposed detectives not doing their job, confused and frustrated him.

at that time, detectives weren't motivated enough. he watched with his father as everyone tried to figure the whole thing out. the case only lasted about a week or so before it went cold, but jeno knew there were things that were over looked. there had to be.

the older he got, the more he realized those detectives working his mother's case were total jackasses. they didn't care for solving the case. they only did the bare minimum and left the case cold when they couldn't solve it with just that.

it left jeno with the dream and goal of becoming a detective himself. one that actually cares enough to look through the tiniest details and that left no stone unturned. he didn't want what happened to him happen to others as well, so here he is now, a detective in training.

the whole thing amused jaemin a bit.

the fact that jeno shared such a personal story with him showed how much trust he put in him, which was exactly what he needed.

clicking out of the message app, jaemin decided to get some shut eye for the remainder of time he had before his morning shift started.

-🍓-

does anyone else listen to ryan higa's podcasts? cause it's great background sound :)

btw, i do know those aren't the actual birthdates of the idols, i'm just using them as they were close to jaemin's b-day