𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈

FRIENDS TO LOVERS

。。。

the next day was jaemin's second day off, and coincidentally, taeyong had let jeno rest for a bit too as it seemed 'nana' had paused in their murderous acts. that gave the police department some time to review the scenes again, and broaden their suspect search.

a little something taeyong hadn't told jeno was that, jaemin had appeared as a possible suspect. though a very small chance, they just had to just incase a relation can be made. the elder had sat at his desk searching through the boy's profile, but nothing seemed to scream murderer to him. the boy was spick and span, not a bad deed in sight.

though what did strike him as interesting was how his uncle was murdered in the night. taeyong didn't know if it was a pure coincidence or not but, the man was the one that started it all.

the first kill.

poor jaemin had woken up, shocked and heartbroken. he was only a mere fourteen years old, ready to go trick or treating with his uncle the next night, but was sadly met with the man's death instead.

taeyong didn't point the finger at jaemin. the boy was too young to carry out such a heinous act, like how could he? there was no way.

he closed up jaemin's file and decided he would be heading home for the day. besides, it was around two am and he was pretty much beat for the day.

gathering up his things, the man headed out to the parking garage to retrieve his car.

the night was quite serene for a regular night in seoul, but it was a nice change in scenery for a chance. turning on some calming music, he started to drive home to where his fiancé should be waiting for him.

whilst enjoying the relaxing ambience, he drove past an alleyway but slowed down after passing by because of something he picked up in his peripheral vision.

backing up cautiously, he got a better look at what he missed and to say he was shocked was an understatement.

taeyong raced out of his car and into the alleyway, towards a body laying limply on the ground in their own pool of blood. he felt nauseous at the sight of the seemingly fresh cut in the man's neck.

then, everything hit him when he sees the word 'nana' carved into the man's cheek under the dim flickering yellow light from above. another murder had taken place, and he could've stopped it.

he could've caught the culprit.

if only he had left a little earlier, this man wouldn't have died in the hands of a madman on the loose.