𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈

A REQUEST

。。。

if you were to tell younger jaemin that he would grow up to be one of korea's most known serial killers, he wouldn't believe you one bit. he would refuse the idea without a second thought and proceed to say he wants to become a teacher, so that he can help and play with kids. or if you asked a little older, he'd say he wants to be a dancer.

a turn of events and suddenly, nothing was on the right track.

and now, the na jaemin that used to think he'd have a shot at a normal life lied sprawled on the cold concrete floor of his cell. how long had it been since the sentencing? he didn't know, neither did he really care.

jaemin guesses that it was a pretty long time since his roots grew out to the point he had to get a haircut. so now, he was back to his natural dark brown color. at least the natural color had its benefits; like he wouldn't get noticed that easily now.

before, he would be easy to identify in the group of inmates, due to the fact that he was the only pop of bright pink in the gloomy plain palette of the prison itself.

life in prison was pretty quaint so far, maybe he'd get into occasional fights here and there or get death threats but that was normal now. jaemin prefers to get into isolation, so he didn't have to suffer his inmates annoying habits or get beat up that often.

it was interesting, being here and all. some days he'd get beaten up to the point in where he couldn't even pick himself up from the floor, other days some of his inmates would talk to him about his pathway to fame (as they would like to call it).

they'd push and prod but jaemin didn't budge. after telling his story in court, he didn't want to talk about any of it anymore. he told it once to the public, there was no need to retell it like some fairy tale.

he breathed in the cool stale air, staring out of the tiny square window that was his only way to know that the world was still moving outside of his concrete box.

being here had really made him want the execution to come faster. jaemin did what he did, he got the sentence, why not just finish it then and there? why wait?

he's broken jeno's heart, and there was nothing he could really do to mend it. their relationship was built atop of fantasies and lies, and jaemin couldn't deny that.

another thing that he couldn't deny was how he started to feel for the detective near the end of their relationship.

why did jeno have to be so good to him? why did he have to make him feel so wanted and humane? it didn't make any sense.