𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈

CAUGHT

。。。

donghyuck came running as soon as taeyong informed him about jaemin. he practically sprinted all the way to the station in the cold rain with nothing but a t-shirt, his sweats, and his flip flops. all he knew at the moment was that jaemin was nana, and that he needed to be there for jeno.

"oh jeno, if only i saw this coming..." he muttered to himself worriedly, finding his way towards the interrogation room. johnny and taeyong were currently in the room with jaemin, while jeno stood outside with clean, dry clothes. it was peculiar to see jeno just standing there silently with the speakers flipped off and staring so intently at jaemin; it was like the boy was still trying to look for the good that was left in his lover.

donghyuck rushed to jeno's side and gave the latter the biggest hug he could muster, "are you okay—well, of course you're not. i'm so sorry jeno."

jeno turned to face his best friend and pulled out the best reassuring smile he could, "it's okay hyuck. you did nothing wrong."

"but still..." donghyuck treaded on, concerningly. "what happened anyways?"

the younger of the two looked over into the room and saw johnny yelling at jaemin, who was still in his own blood-soaked clothes from earlier. he looked like he was about to beat jaemin into a pulp then and there while the pink haired male gave the other a mocking look, not bothering to break the eye contact they had.

"simple. i witnessed him murder someone," jeno answered, lifelessly. "then everything else clicked."

and my heart shattered.

a moment of silence passed between the two detectives and they stared into the interrogation room.

"so jihyung really was innocent?" donghyuck muttered, earning a curt nod from jeno in return.

"what's going to happen to the two of you now?" donghyuck knew that it was a stupid question to ask, but he couldn't resist the urge to.

"isn't it obvious, donghyuck?" jeno asked back, a snap in his tone which surprised the younger.

jeno almost never called him by his full name. only when they were joking around or when jeno got really serious with him. he guessed that this time, it would be the latter.

donghyuck looked over at jeno and first noticed how his features were grim and unmoving. his eyes were a different story though; they held so many emotions behind a veil of dismal, donghyuck felt even more concerned for his friend.

that stroked a fire within him, and he went back to looking at jaemin. only this time, he was glaring daggers at the pink haired boy. and to believe that he thought they could've been friends.

what a shame really.

-🌸-

once jaemin was brought into the room, rather roughly he might add, he knew how and where things were going to end up. what was the point in taking things seriously anyway?

he quietly hissed in pain when johnny tightened the cuffs around his wrists, and looked up to glare at johnny.

he brushed it off and almost immediately went off. "how dare you use jeno like that na jaemin?!"

"woah woah, hold on there beanstalk, i didn't use him for anything." jaemin snapped back sassily.

"let me rephrase then, how fucking dare you do this to him when you knew fully well that he was heads over heels for you!?" the tall male was fuming at this point. he couldn't believe that he actually liked this son of a bitch.

"adding on a couple swear words doesn't make you look good officer. matter of fact, it makes you look unprofessional." jaemin knew that he was pushing johnny's buttons, but he didn't care. it wasn't like it was going to matter anyways.

"you–!"

"johnny, get out and take a breather. let me talk to him." taeyong cut in calmly, earning an amused look from jaemin.

"awe, look at you being mature. that's cute."

johnny was about to sock jaemin in the face right there before taeyong pulled him back, standing in between the officer and the pink haired killer behind him.

"johnny, you better hold it in or else," he warned.

"fine," johnny agreed reluctantly.

as he left the room, he sent jaemin another glare that was returned with a wink.

after ushering johnny out, taeyong knocked on the window twice to let the others outside, specifically jeno, know to listen in. then he turned back to the elephant of the room.

"let's talk jaemin." taeyong commanded, leaning over the table with his hands propped against it. jaemin followed through and looked at the older male.

even though the commander's stare was piercing, jaemin paid it no mind and kept on with his nonchalant look. right before taeyong could speak, jaemin cut him off.

"ya know, there are so many people, i would even say the entirety of south korea, perceive me as a mastermind criminal. a small portion even worship me like some all mighty god, yet here i am, stuck in an interrogation room with an old-timer staring at me like some freak."

"you've got some nerve to talk to me like that," the elder growled, his glare darkening.

"i know right? like i'm totally disregarding the 'no talking back to your elders' rule." jaemin took a moment and let out a chuckle, finding it absolutely hilarious. "do i piss you off, commander lee?"

taeyong bit the inside of his cheek, containing the eye contact with the younger, "your games won't work on me jaemin. now, it's either you start explaining from the beginning or things will get much harder for you."

jaemin stretched his limbs as if he just woke up. a satisfied groan escaped his lips as he crossed his arms on his chest as leaned back in his seat, a smirk grew on his face.

"well commander, you better get yourself a chair and some popcorn, cause it's going to be one heck of a story."

-🍓-

if donghyuck was let into the interrogation room, jaemin would be dead and that's the tea for today kiddos