01

edited
-

jack's eyes were fixated on the cold streets outside the frosted window, unable to focus on one simple aspect on the view. the darkened clouds above, the numerous stray snowflakes that would meet the glass, countless strangers walking on the busy sidewalk— he loved the sight, especially when the sun would peak from the clouds, casting down into the many shops coating the streets.

the curly haired male closed his laptop, sliding it over gently when the waitress placed his meal down. it was simple, a mint-tasting tea and a fruity breakfast muffin. the café smelt of gingerbread and candy canes, although it was nearing spring.

his eyes finally met the glass vase sat in the middle of the table, shortly smiling as the sun casted down onto it. the vase had a few white roses sat inside, and at the sight of the sun their ageing petals seemed golden. the flowers basked in the sun, and jack tilted his head at them, closing his eyes momentarily.

corbyn tugged on jack's arm, hauling him into the flourishing shop. the shorter giggled at his excitement, already loving the gentle scent of the room.

the blond wandered in a complete admiration for the small sidewalk store. jack followed behind him, keeping close notice to the expression on his face. he seemed so joyous at the simple contents of the building, a toothy smile on his face as his eyes wandered across the numerous colours of the plants. 

corbyn's eyes sparkled at the isle of roses, losing grip on jack's hand as he ran farther into the isle. he was content, looking at the many colours of the shelves. his eyes caught the sight of the white roses, giving a pleading look to jack as he took his hand once more.

"jacky..." he dragged out the end, pursing his lips before his tongue poked out slightly. jack smiled at the adored blond, responding in the same tone.

"yes-y?"

"can we get a bouquet— for the table?"

jack's smile almost seemed to widen at corbyn's suggestion, making the face as if he pondered the request, but nodding all the same with a giggle.

before corbyn could run off, he yanked him back gently, holding both of the blond's hands as he pouted.

"kiss first." he murmured, giving a chaste peck to corbyn before letting him skip up to the many roses a few feet away.

at the checkout, corbyn gave jack another kiss on the cheek as a thanks. jack passed over the money to the girl at the counter, smiling as he took corbyn's hand in his.

"thank you," jack's eyes flickered to her name tag, "tate. i appreciate it.— you can keep the change, too." corbyn took hold of the newly wrapped bouquet, smiling contently at the scent and overall look.

"they're beautiful." he complimented, and jack's smile was uncontrollable. tate tilted her head slightly, grinning warmly at the couple.

"you guys are cute together," she nodded her head, putting the money into the cash register. "i hope you have a good evening, and thank you."

jack had stared down into his plate, and only looked up with a slight jolt when his shoulder was touched.

"hi, sorry if i scared you— i was wondering if you're enjoying the food?" the waitress had a slight look of worry in her eyes, having noticed that he hadn't even touched the food yet, but she wasn't going to be rude about it.

"oh, uhm, i— it's great." jack sent her a short smile, meeting eyes with her for a moment before lifting his tea up to sip from it.

the waitress nodded, leaving him to his thoughts.

noted: corbyn loves roses.

EXTRA NOTES
-sorry if anybody got a billion notifs abt this chapter cause it kept publishing :/
(july 22nd, 2019)