11

jack's nostrils flared, the pen ink was splotched with tears as his face contorted with pain. he pressed the pen to the page, through with it all. ink spread like wildfire across the long note he was writing.

he was so done, so tired, but he couldn't bring himself to do it. the paper was lodged on his grimy sink, the one he promised to clean. there was a beer bottle sat upside down in his sink, already emptied as his anger fuelled the action of snapping his pen.

ink exploded, splattering across the walls and his clothing. he wasn't strong enough, not brave enough, at this point he was nearly screaming. he admired corbyn, he couldn't comprehend how the blond did it so easily.

a brand new box of razors sat on the bath ledge, he had the entire scene set. he wanted to leave the same was as his boyfriend— but it was no use.

the tears fogged up his glasses, and he exited the bathroom with a sigh. he feebly took his jacket from the coatrack downstairs, slipping on his shoes before grabbing his keys from the wall.

jack was silent throughout his trip to the florist, an he entered the shop with his face hung low. the shop was quiet at this time in the evening, but he went to the same isle as if it was mapped in his head.

a familiar face sat behind the desk, and he merely nodded when placing the roses on the surface. tate quirked a brow, attempting to start small talk.

"good evening, jack, how are you?"

"i'm okay," he swallowed, voice raw from the past hour of sobbing. jack lifted his head slightly to reach for the wrapped roses, an tate noticed his appearance immediately.

her eyes locked on the broken male across the desk. his skin was pale, cheeks sunken in although puffed slightly with a rosy tint that matched his nose. in the dull lighting she could see faint tear tracks, an his own eyes were glossed entirely through clouded glasses. the scent surrounding the desk consisted of dust, ink, and the faint smell of alcohol and cologne.

jack gave a weak smile, shrugging his shoulders as he bit his lip.

"thank you, tate, i appreciate it."

with that he left, and tate watched his car drive off into the distance with the phone held to her ear.

while her and jonah panicked over the phone— proceeding to call everybody else about it— jack parked outside of the non-populated area, trekking past numerous headstones until he found the all-too-familiar one.

the gloss on corbyn's gravestone was beginning to grime over, and jack swiped his handkerchief across it. he carefully placed the roses onto corbyn's grave, thumb grazing over the carved lettering on the stone.

it was so hard, envisioning his angel, his real angel. just thinking of the bathroom connected to his room— god, it was sickening.

"hi, angel." jack greeted, sitting beside the grave on an empty plot. "i'll join you here, one day."

it was silent, almost as if he was expecting a response.

"i miss you a lot, it's gotten pretty bad.— i can't use our bathroom anymore, it's too haunting."

jack's eyes closed as he relaxed, laying beside his angel.

"i miss what you liked, and what you did, how you looked, how your voice sounded. it hurts to know that i'm going to forget specific details in your face— no amount of pictures could capture them all."

"i don't want to forget your eyes, the colour— it was like an expensive globe. the ones with golden continents— that's why you're my world," he let out a breathy chuckle, a saddened smile joining.

jack reached, gripping the dirt beside him as if he was locking hands with corbyn.

"I don't want to forget every crease in your face; the ones by your mouth when you smiled, the few between your eyebrows if you made too-serious of a face."

jack sighed.

"i'll come back, and one day— i'll be here forever, i'll stay here with you and we can dance to every song on the records. i'll buy you roses and cookie dough ice cream and make your favourite dish. we can stroll through the streets during winter with whatever type of coffee you want. i'll
put on a whole performance beneath the stars, just for you, angel."

"i noted it all of it, and i can't wait to do it all again. i can't wait to fall in love with you, all over again."

EXTRA NOTES:
-i published this trying to write these oml
-no editing has been done so thas cool
-also i got an award in language arts🥺✊
-anywho i hope y'all liked this <33