08

jack was given a week off of work, due to worry from his coworkers and clientele. on the very first day, he found himself bored.

the same, bland cereal sat in front of him and jack reached for his phone, his house was dull, boring, and he planned to clean it up over his break.

jack rolled the curly cord around his finger, although the house was messy, he enjoyed the vintage look to it. corbyn helped him with it.

on the second ring, jonah picked up, cheery voice drifting through the phone.

"hi, jacky! what're you up to today?"

jonah was a stay at home husband, and jack would often call during break time, which it was far before.

"hi, jo, i was just wondering if you were busy today?"

"oh no, not at all, i dropped andrew off at the babysitter's about an hour ago. if you're up for it you can join me in some shopping." jonah offered, a hopeful tone to his voice. jack nodded, until realising that jonah couldn't exactly see it.

the conversation was short, ending with an agreement to meet at the small cafe in half an hour, the cafe was roughly twenty minutes away.

jonah hugged the smaller male when they walked through the entrance, mumbling the sentence, "we haven't hung-out in a while."

jack gave him a smile, and both gave slight chatter while eyeing the menu— jonah ordered first— considering the fact that his order was branded into his brain.

"i'll get a small caramel mocha with no whipped cream, and a medium ice coffee with two sugar and coconut milk— please." jack nodded at the lady tapping on the cash register, who gave a short smile in response.

from a few feet away, jonah gave jack a quirked brow. he thanked the person across the counter before heading to a table with his coffee. jack simply began to wait.

when the curly haired male sat down, jonah bit his lip. jack gave a confused look, until glancing at his order.

"oh— i must've taken someone's drink—"

"no, jack." jonah stopped the short boy from standing to return the beverage. the older leaned his face to his palm, pinching the bridge of his nose lightly.

"you ordered that."

jack was already reading over the label, seeing what exactly he'd ordered. when finished, his jaw dropped.

"i ordered..."

"yep. you hate iced coffee." jonah looked at his own cup, pursing his lips at jack.

"but—"

jack was speechless, he didn't think it had gotten this bad.

"uh— i'll drink it later, okay?" jonah gave jack a reassuring smile, padding his shoulder before lifting his own cup.

corbyn looked at jack, eager to find the exact expression on his face after tasting the chilled coffee. jonah had gotten corbyn hooked on the caffeinated drink, and the blond was curious if his signifcant other would love it as much as him.

however, in response to the sip taken, jack sputtered with a cough. "oh god—"

"it's so bland." he pushed it across the table dramatically. "it's like dry or something, christ!"

corbyn broke out into a fit of laughter from jack's reaction, watching the curly haired male wipe his tongue with a napkin.

"oh, my dramatic boy." corbyn sighed, keeping an eye on jack as he took a sip from the same drink.

"i'm not dramatic! thats gross."

corbyn let out an airy chuckle, "totally is not— you're just picky."

"i— you aren't wrong."

jack now laughed, taking a sip of his own drink before perking up entirely.

"but you don't like tea," he argued, poking the tip of his tongue out.

"I don't like your weird fruity cold tea, that's gross."

"we agree to disagree?" jack leaned a hand across the table, and corbyn took it happily. instead of releasing though, he locked their fingers together.

"you know, I don't think this is valid enough. maybe a kiss'll do."

jack made the expression of pondering, before giving a nod and leaning across the table to share a peck with the blond.

"agreed."

jack dragged a hand down his face, shaking his head slightly. jonah was already giving weary looks at the permed male, and they hadn't been hanging out for long.

it was clearly imprinted into his head, and that caused for jack to stare into his coffee cup with a blank expression.

noted: corbyn prefers iced coffee.

EXTRA NOTES:

-hey guys, hope you're enjoying it :)

-i wanted to say that this'll be my last update for a few days

-my exams are starting so i gotta spend time on that rather then writing

-hope y'all understand :)