09

jack exhaled heavily, beginning to work on the floor rather then simply reorganizing his bookshelf for the umpteenth time. it had come to the point where the floors were almost dusty from how he never touched it, and they began to bug him.

he swept up the entirety of his floors, mopped them, replaced the bouquet on his table, and many other things. as jack began to organize his shoe rack, he found old footprints from months ago.

he froze, shaking his head as he sat back on his knees. the splotches of mud captivated him, causing his mind to race with his heart dropping. jack was reliving the same night, the one that haunted him.

corbyn clawed at his scalp, taking fistfuls of his hair.  a broken cup lay at his feet, emotions overpowering his actions.

"babe, we can talk—!"

"no, jack, we can't talk about it!" corbyn's eyes were giving an unread expression, an his knuckled were staining white from the grip on his hair. it was clear something was on his mind, something that dug into his nerves. jack wanted to help.

"well that's what partners do! they converse— they make sure the other is okay!" jack pin pointed, shoulders becoming broad as he fought for the chance to help his loved one.

"well... well maybe i don't want us to be partners then!"

jack prayed corbyn didn't mean that, and in his mind he thought it was in the spite of the moment. nevertheless, his heart fell to his toes, and his mood calmed.

"hey, hey— what if you went up into our room, and relaxed for a bit? we can talk in the morning— go over this? before... deciding- that."

jack didn't want to lose corbyn, he knew this fight was much more important then the other's they've had and he wanted corbyn to think over his decisions.

"i'll— i'll clean this up, here." he reached out a hand to help corbyn from the glass surrounding him, but the blond simply stepped over the piercing shards and gave a mere nod as he marched upstairs. jack let out a sigh, running to grab the broom.

when the mess was cleaned up well enough, the curly haired male took a sticky note from the office. he picked up a rose from the vase on the table and carefully stepped upstairs, laying the rose and note outside the shut door with a singular knock.

hi, angel, i'm heading out to pick up your favourites, i hope you feel better. i'll sleep on the couch tonight. -jack

with that, he left into the chilling rain, wracking up numerous thoughts on what was wrong with his angel.

jack's eyes travelled up the stairs, a chill wrapping around his body. he finally realized, after so, so long.

noted: something was wrong with corbyn.