07

jack laid on his backyard lawn, arms behind his head in a silence of the night. the wind was quiet, the clouds were dissipated, it was perfect.

his eyes moved to the peripheral, where he could see the large telescope sat under their back porch. he didn't know how to set it up entirely, but he did know where the instructions were— simply too lazy to get them.

jack pursed his lips, a wavering smile on his face as he looked at the constellated sky.

"so, what's so great about space?"

corbyn sat up in shock, the look on his face was priceless as jack giggled, joining him.

"i'm serious, like— you love it so much— i want to know why."

corbyn smiled at jack, kissing his cheek before he started.

"well, i don't know— it's just so fascinating, y'know? like, stars for example. the ones we see are dying out, they're billions of years older then us. constellations, galaxies, don't even get me started on planets— they might be one of my favourites."

corbyn smiled sheepishly after he was finished, swallowing with a pink tint to his face. "i could probably go on forever..."

"then do it." jack glanced at him, face beginning to hurt from how much he smiled around the blond.

corbyn raised his brows, tilting his head, "what?"

"tell me about the planets, go on forever."

jack loved how passionate corbyn was about the topic, it was completely adorable for the permed male.

corbyn stammered, face burning from the statement. "oh, well— uh—"

"i- i think i like the planets most because of how they're so different from ours."

it took him a moment, but he continued on.

"i mean, think about it, our solar system is so big— it's crazy. and there's so many planets that are larger then earth, they'd take forever to explore."

jack couldn't keep his eyes off corbyn, he loved him so dearly.

"i'd say my favourite planet is kepler 452b, though. yea— definitely."

jack put two hands to his face, pushing his smile down. "gosh, corbs, you're hurting my face from how cute you are."

"sorry," the blond smiled, giggling at his boyfriend. "i'm just irresistible."

"truly." jack agreed, and for a moment they both looked at the sky, until jack tracked his eyes on corbyn once more.

"hey, angel?"

corbyn looked at him, an undeniable smile tracing over his lips. "yeah?"

"why's kepler your favourite?"

"kepler 452b, that is," corbyn corrected, "there's a lot of kepler's, but 452b is the greatest."

"once again, why?"

"it's just so cool, like— it's one of the goldielocks planets, and it spins at the same speed that it orbits its own sun— which makes one side really hot and the other side freezing. but there's a strip in the middle that could possibly be habitable. we aren't close enough to see if there's any life on it, but the future might have something."

jack was silent, watching how corbyn's face glowed at the chance to talk about his passion for the subject. he'd fallen head over heels for the boy, his space nerd, his angel.

corbyn noticed the silence, turning his head to the side and tilting it in confusion.

"why're you looking at me like that?"

jack grinned at him, "when you talk about passions your face lights up and its the prettiest thing anybody could ever witness."

"oh come on!— you're such a flirt this evening, geez." corbyn turned his head, hand reaching to scratch the back of his neck. even with the dim lighting jack could see the tint in his cheeks.

"i'm your flirt, though."

"my flirt, yes." corbyn leaned over, both males sharing a kiss, jack would remember this night forever, along with corbyn.

jack propped himself up on his elbows, feeling the dew soak into his clothes from the rain many hours before. he decided to go inside on that joyous memory, beginning to stand.

noted: corbyn loves space.