02

edited
-

jack sighed aloud into the silent room, eyes tracked on the ceiling as he laid on the couch. he was bored, like most days, the house wasn't very lively.

it almost pained for him to sit up, swallowing as an attempt to rid his dried mouth. when his feet touched the floor, his arms moved to rest on his legs, and his head dropped to his hands.

jack dragged his palms down his skin, facial features contorting from the action. once his chin rested on his palms, he looked around the room with thoughts consuming every part of his brain.

he had gotten many, many hours of sleep, yet he could almost drop dead to the floor from how tired he felt. the thought caused for him to cringe, blinking rapidly before focusing on the room around him.

the ounce of sunlight that occasionally peeked through his closed curtains enhanced the many dust particles that danced around the air of the living room. jack had now noticed how he hadn't cleaned in a while, so long ago that he'd forgotten when.

although a part of him simply wanted to fall back and sleep once more, jack stood up and hesitated to step toward the curtains. he pulled them apart, eyes scrunching up from the light. he'd already missed how cloudy winter was, and began to hate the transitioning to spring.

now— with a clearer look of the dusted, dark room— jack was able to see the layer on dust on his bookshelf, and curiously ran a finger across it when he stepped up to it.

jack pursed his lips, nodding as he talked to himself.

"i'll clean the house, for spring cleaning." he figured, and turned his head to the right. not too far from the bookshelf sat a small dresser, and sitting atop it was an old record player. jack gave a short smile toward it, maneuvering to lean over the somewhat-filthy device.

jack took the sleeve of his sweatshirt, wiping majority of it clean with no care.
when pulling open the drawer below, he found the large selection of vinyls, all unorganized and somehow dusty as well— although this drawer hadn't been opened for a long time.

as the short male carded through the many casings, he picked up a familiar one with a small, lopsided grin.

his fingers gently pulled the disc from the casing, placing it on the record player as his tongue poked out in concentration. he wasn't the greatest at this, it was often corbyn who'd set it up.

with many failed attempts, the song began to play with ease. as he pushed his glasses to the bridge of his nose, he flipped the case over to find the list of songs, and the particular song playing was recognized at an instant. he simpered, humming along to the tune of corduroy dreams, and it almost seemed as if corbyn was singing along with him.

corbyn's arms looped around jack's waist, while jack's linked behind the blond's neck. the two giggled as a new song was playing, swaying together while both attempted to sing the song.

"sit down beside me, don't call me daddy— cause that's just flipping weird."

corbyn took jack's hand, spinning him before dipping the boy dramatically. as he neared the end of the sentence their faces were inches apart, and both couldn't help but grin at each other. jack giggled softly at the censor from the blond, lifting both hands to the sides of corbyn's face and pulling him a tad bit closer to close the gap.

he never wanted this moment to end.

jack laid the casing beside the record player, his eyes shut as he relished the memory. with a quiet exhale, he hummed along to the rest of the song, heading to the closet of supplies to begin and clean the living room.

noted: corbyn loved to dance.

EXTRA NOTES
-it's gonna take some time for me to edit every chapter, sorry abt that :/
(july 25th, 2019)