06

edited
-

jack frowned, head slamming against the wheel of his car as he groaned quietly. the building he worked in had began to grow unbearable heights of heat, due to the furnace being on for winter. along with that, the few electronics he had to work with hadn't cooperated for an hour, so he had to stay in later than usual to finish the work he should've gotten done. he'd only wanted to go home and sleep, as the day included many other unfortunate mishaps.

at the hour of five o'clock, jack was sat in the sun's bask, wanting something to lighten his mood from the drought he'd been in all day. although wanting to simply drop dead on the couch of his living room, he'd also wanted to try and clean the halls or upstairs when he arrived home.

on the way home the male spotted an ice cream shop, all too familiar as his heart ached horribly. the heavy feeling consumed his chest, feeling his feet gain the weight of lead.

jack parked the car, palms clammy as he exited. while his mind prayed for him to not. enter, his body was simply moving as if it were magnetized to the building's contents.

the curly haired male didn't have to scan the menu, nor look at the tubs of ice cream below. he knew what he wanted as soon as the memories drowned his mind.

corbyn gripped jack's hand tightly, tugging him up to the cashier as the shop was practically bare. the man smiled at them both, corbyn naming his order effortlessly as if it were honey dripping from his lips.

"one cookie dough ice cream, two scoops, please."

his head turned, and jack was glancing at the many flavours with a shrug. "can we get two?"

the man behind the counter gave a chuckle at jack's small, lost expression. he nodded while the total came to 7.45, corbyn slipping a bill past before jack could object.

"oh, come on!" the brunet scrunched his nose, lightly punching corbyn's shoulder as the elder laughed.

"beat you," corbyn's tongue poked out, "you always pay, it was the least i could do."

"i like spoiling you, though." jack gave a small shrug, squeezing corbyn's hand as the blond reciprocated it. the male behind the counter was elderly, but it was noticeable that he supported their relationship.

"two cookie dough ice creams, double scoop." he handed them over, a warm smile on his features as they'd thanked him before finding a comfortable seat in the corner near a window. in jack's opinion, corbyn looked like a god.

the sun beams brightened his tan skin, a lovely glow emitting as the blond smiled across at jack. his eyes were beautiful, as always, noticeable gold and and blue flakes coating the originally green irises.

"so, you like it?" corbyn spoke up in their silence, hand reaching across to gently weave the fingers of their free hands together.

"it's pretty good, but i'd probably prefer bubble gum."

corbyn's jaw dropped, brow quirking in offence. "sir, cookie dough is the best flavour known to man kind."

jack's features repeated corbyn's, mockery clear on his face. "it is good, but, bubble gum is too."

"nuh-uh! cookie dough is like chocolatey goodness and it just reminds you of the nice baking days, bubble gum tastes weird."

jack's head tilted upward, shaking his head. "gosh, how could you..."

corbyn laughed at their banter, unable to continue as he'd leaned to his ice cream once more. jack smiled when the blond lifted his head, pointing at his nose in reference.

"oh-oh-oh, wait a minute."

jack stood from his chair, quickly stepping over to the desk where he'd grabbed a napkin from the dispenser. he returned to his lover with a goofy smile, reaching across to wipe off corbyn's nose. "had to pull the cliché, it was too good not to."

corbyn snorted, shaking his head at the boy before him as jack crumpled the napkin. "you're something else, you know?"

"sometimes, yeah."

they'd sat in silence for a moment, jack looking over to corbyn as he leaned onto the table.

"i might be crazy to say this, but cookie dough's growing on me, not gonna lie."

corbyn's fist pumped in the air, "boom! told you, best flavour in the history of ice cream."

"have you tried all the ice creams in the world, angel?"

corbyn leaned forward, meeting jack's face inches from his as his head tilted. "well, no."

"so how can you be so sure?"

jack's head shook rapidly for a moment, stepping up to the cashier with an apologetic smile at his moment.

she gave a smile in return, and he couldn't bring himself to say the clear answer in his mind, spewing out whatever else was there instead.

"can i get a double scoop cookie dough, in a cone, please?"

his conscience had certainly pointed out how bubble gum was also an option, but jack shrugged it off when the cold dessert was passed over to him. he'd left an extra tip, sitting in his car rather than alone in the shop.

noted: corbyn likes cookie dough ice cream the most.