sixty-five

The next morning, they grab breakfast at the hotel and then pack up their belongings into the car, before it's even eight o'clock. Despite Louis fearing he has a hangover, Harry offers to drive.

It isn't awkward but it should be. Louis wonders how much he remembers from last night, if he remembers anything at all. What would they do then, if Harry remembered that Louis, who was sober, told him he loves him?

Louis doesn't want to ask what he remembers. He curls up in the passenger's seat and looks out the window. They're listening to Fleetwood Mac. Harry keeps looking over at him and biting his lip.

This morning, they woke up entangled in each other. When Harry got out of bed he looked down at himself and blushed, seeing the lingerie and the thigh-highs. Neither of them said anything about it as they got dressed and quietly packed their things.

Now, in the car, it feels more than a bit awkward.

Eventually, "Hey Louis?"

"Yeah, H?"

"Did I, um, did I say something last night?"

"Uhh... What do you mean?"

"Like, did I, um, maybe like, declare something to you last night? Something that's kind of a big deal?"

"Oh, uh, yeah, kind of..."

"Oh. Um. Okay."

Silence falls, and just like that, they don't talk about it.