seventy-one

On the way back, they stop by Liam's to pick up Clifford.

"Sorry we're so late."

"Not a problem, man, I love Little Bro." Liam calls Clifford Little Bro, and has been calling him this for as long as he can remember. It would be weird if Louis wasn't so used to it already. "We had a good time while you were gone. How was your trip, by the way? Everything okay?"

Louis looks back to where Harry and his family are standing, just out of earshot. He'd love to tell Liam everything but now isn't the right time. "I'll have to update you later. Shit happened, though. Nothing bad, really. Just. A lot."

"I get it. Anything I can do?"

"Nah, we're okay. Thanks though. For watching Cliff and answering my call and everything."

"Of course, no problem."

"I guess I'll see you later then, yeah? We have to catch up."

"We better. I need to hear all the juicy details."

They say their goodbyes and Louis departs, meeting back up with his family and Harry. Clifford trots happily at his side, excited to see everyone again.

"Cliff baby!" Harry exclaims when he sees them approaching. He drops down to his knees on the dirty sidewalk and Clifford gallops towards him, jumping up and nuzzling against his face. Harry hugs him and peppers his face with kisses, murmuring praises. "Who's my good boy, who's my baby?"

The rest of them just stand there and watch it happen, letting them have their moment.

"Louis."

"Huh?"

Marry him, Lottie mouths. Fizzy nods vigorously in agreement. Jay just watches them all with a big grin on her face.