Secret Pasts

Me: This may or may not be short to you.

Colette: The finale is coming.

Klaus: But would face lots of back stories first.

Me: Stop doing spoilers!

Both: But you're the one who's writing this.

Me: :(

------------------------------:)---------------------------

Few days after visiting the manor, Ema went there again to ask Colette and Klaus something. Yusuke and Fuuto went with her for specific reasons. They arrived at the manor. She rang the doorbell and the gates opened like before. They walked inside and came to the front door.

It opened to reveal a paint-covered Colette and a flour-covered Klaus. "Hey guys!" she greeted and let them in. Ema and Yusuke sat on the orange couch and Fuuto sat on the white chair. "While Klaus is making your refreshments, you guys can see my painting on the wall." She announced, pointing at the wall to the right.

Yusuke and Fuuto thought that when she meant painting on the wall, they thought it was a small painting in a frame that was hung on the wall. They didn't think it would be the actual wall. "Are you allowed to do that?" Yusuke asked.

She laughed, "No! But I do it when it's just me and Klaus here!" "But most of those outlines look too big for you to paint with a normal brush. Can you even do it before they come home?" he questioned. She laughed again, "Of course I can!" she yelled and rummaged through her satchel on the ground.

Fuuto snorted, "What are going to use? A giant paintbrush?" She continued to laugh, "Haha. Haha. Boom!" she laughed and then brought out a real giant paintbrush. This surprised the two brothers. Ema, for some reason, stayed silent this whole time.

Klaus finally came into the room, "Okay! So here are some chips, biscuits and juice!" He placed a bowl of chips, a plate of biscuits, a pitcher of juice and five glasses on the table. Yusuke got some chips, Fuuto drank his juice, Klaus was pouring the rest of the juice and Colette continued to paint.

It was then that Klaus notice Ema's silence. "What's wrong, Ema?" he asked. His question got the others' attention. "Why?" She asked. Colette jumped down from her ladder and Klaus looked at her. "Ema?" Colette called.

"Why are you hiding secrets from me?" she asked. The two became silent. Colette sighed, "We know we promised that we won't keep secrets. But ours is too big of a problem." she explained. "Then tell us." Fuuto demanded. "We promise we won't tell anyone." Yusuke swore.

Klaus and Colette looked at one another and nodded. "We'll tell you, but not here." Klaus stated. The five of them went deeper into the manor. There, they stopped in front of the metal door. "Isn't this the door Ema almost stepped through?" Yusuke asked.

To make things clear: While the others were calming down, Ema wandered arounf the manor. Then she found said door. She was about to enter it when she heard a yell, "Stop!" she did so. She turned around to see the manor residents who had scared expressions. Whereas her brothers were either surprised at the yells or confused.

"Colette placed her hand on the middle of the door. A handprint on the door glowed from under her palm. The door opened and the five went inside. "Where are we?" Fuuto asked. "This is the Quiet Room." She replied.

The room had metal walls, ceiling and floor. There was a screen at the center with a control panel. In front of it was a steel table. There were at least six steel chairs around it. "What's it for?" he asked.

Klaus took in a deep breath, "The Quiet Room is for very, very, very secret conversations. It can sense anyone who might be spying on the people having the conversation and would alert the current occupants. It only allows the people who the one who had their hand scanned know. The room is soundproof so no one from outside can hear anything except if the door was open." he explained in one breath.

Colette sat down, "So who do you want to know about first?" she asked. Pictures of the manor occupants appeared on the screen behind her.

------------------------------:)---------------------------

Please comment and vote.

Sorry if it's short.