I will help you

„Yes", said Matthew and straightened a bit, „I am."

„That's the greatest coincidence in the history of coincidences", said Kate and shook her head, „And there have been a lot more in my life that I couldn't explain until this day. But never mind, the project is delayed anyway. Probably I'm never gonna make career and be a game developer for the rest of my life."

Matthew's heart sank as he heard that. He didn't know her, but she seemed to be very nice and loved what she did. Suddenly he got an idea.

„Hey, if you feel down, we can talk", he said and gave her a piece of paper with his number on it, „On what game do you work at the moment?"

For a few seconds, Katherine just looked at him, she seemed to be surprised. But then she took the paper and said: „Well, the newest one is called -Look- , but I don't expect for it to have that much success. It's a mix of a horror game and thriller. There's also much story behind it and many easter eggs. You can also make choices in the game, so the outcome is always another one. It took alot of work and I'm very proud of it. There could be a sequel, but it depends on the game's success."

For a while, they just sat there. Matthew thought about what he just heard. It sounded interesting, maybe he could even do a theory about that game. And if he would do that and the game would be a success, there would be sequel and Kate would be happy. She sighed and looked at her watch.

„If you want", she exclaimed and stood up, „I could give you early access to the game. Just call me if you're ready."

After she had noted her number and gave it to him, she said: „Oh, my apologies. I didn't even ask your name!"

„Matthew", said the theorist and smiled after a long time, „But you can call me Matpat."

„Okay, see you later!"

And with these words she was gone. Leaving a still smiling Matt, who felt happy afterwards, even if there were that horrible things in the past.

„Hey Matpat!", he heard a masculine voice behind him. It was Mark. He hadn't see him that often, but they both made youtube, „Who was that girl?"

„Just a game developer", said Matthew and did get a little bit red colour on his face, „We talked and she gave me her number and early access to one of her newest game."

„Oh dear, what's Stephanie gonna say about this?", asked Mark and raised his eyebrows.

„We broke up."

„I'm so sorry for you! I didn't know..."

„It's alright Mark, but I tell you. It's just a friendship, nothing romantic."

„If you say so. Hey, what's the game even called?"

„I think it was called -Look-, a horror thriller game. Maybe something for you to play?"

„I don't know, that's more Jack's topic. I could ask him if he's interested, but I'm gonna play it. See you later!"

And with that, Mark left. The sunset was beautiful and more beautiful was the smile on Matthew's face. If the game wouldn't be a success now, it would be the greatest wonder in history. He had done everything he could and he hoped that it would work. With that toughts in his mind he returned home. After all, he had a livestream to manage for the game and make a theory about it.

„This is gonna be exciting", he said to himself while dialing the number in his phone.