Puppet

„Nathan!", yelled Katherine as she ran through the streets. Her voice was already hoarse, she had cried and screamed to much. Behind her was Matthew, who had stopped yelling for a while now. He couldn't believe that something had happened to his friend and a sick Phone guy was behind it. He watched her, still running. She was exhausted, he saw that pretty clearly. 

„Stop Katherine!", he finally spoke up, „You won't find him this way!" And it worked. His girlfriend stopped and turned around. Anger burned in her almost black eyes. Pure anger and the need of revenge. Even if it had to be achieved with murder and blood. 

„Then what shall we do?", she asked, her voice almost cracked, „My brother is missing, he won't pick up his phone and with a very high chance a fictional video game character is behind it! Who is known for mass murder! Probably my brother is dead! But I won't believe it until I saw it myself. Until then, he is alive and I will search for him, no matter what!" 

She had begun to cry again and she shivered slightly. Her breathing did become heavier and her heart rate increased. Right as Matt walked up to her, her knees buckled and she hit the pavement. He catched her and held her in his arms. From her breathing he could tell that she had a panic attack. 

„I know that", he said in his best comforting voice even if he felt like crying, „We will search and find him. Just please, breathe with me. Just relax. Calm down. There, isn't that much better? Don't worry. There you go." He felt how her breathing become more equally and she slowly got up. 

Right as they wanted to continue their path, they heard a female voice behind them: „Matthew?"

Slowly Matt turned around before he asked surprised: „Stephanie?" 

„What are you doing here?", asked Stephanie and walked up to him, „And who is she?" 

„Where are searching for my brother, he's gone missing", said Kate and wiped the tears away, „My name is Katherine, I'm a friend of Matt." She didn't say girlfriend, because she didn't want to take the risk of making Matthew's ex angry. 

„How does your brother look like?",asked Stephanie, looking worried, not angry, „What is his name?" 

„His name is Nathan Sharp, but he goes by Nate. He has black hair and black eyes. He looks corean and we look very alike...", began Katherine to explain. After she was done, Matthew and Stephanie began to talk.

„So you have received a threat from Phone guy to kill your friends and now Nate is missing after he had said so?"

„Yeah. We have to find him, even if I doubt that he's still alive."

„I just wanted to go to your house to apologise for leaving you and become normal friends with you and what happens? One of your friends gets killed."

„I'm sorry Stephanie, but please...Will you help us?"

„So you forgive me for leaving you?"

„I've never been mad at you, darling. I wouldn't start a romantic relationship with you anymore, but we can still be friends."

„Yes."

„Yes, what?"

„I will help you Matthew."

Matt was forced into a hug, coming from Stephanie, until Katherine interrupted them. She was shivering as she hold her phone up, a text message from an unknown number burned into their minds forever: /One down, five to go./

„That confirms it", said Kate and put her phone away, „Phone guy has Nate." Before she could say anything more, Matthew took her into an embrace, because he saw how her knees began to shake again. 

„We'll find him", whispered Matt into her ear, „Together. I promise." And after these words, he carefully placed his lips on hers, comforting her and letting her forget for a second all these horrible scenarios. She smiled into the kiss and kissed back. It was a passionate kiss, not wild, just relaxed. 

When they got away from each other, Stephanie was standing next to them, smiling. Surprisingly, Katherine smiled back and slowly closed her eyes as she fell asleep in Matthew's arms from exhaustion. The adrenaline has kept her awake for a long time. 

„Come on Steph", said Matt and stood up, his girlfriend in his arms, „We need to find Mark."

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

„Finally", murmured Purple guy and stepped back to admire his work. On the table before him layed a body, lifeless and limb. For now. It was a male body, with black straggly hair which covered one eye almost entirely. His eyes were closed, but under them were dark lines and some purple streaks which did go down from the eyes until the chin. 

They almost looked like tearstreaks. The male, before known as Nate, was dressed into a black hoodie, which was striped black and white on his arms. On his chest were a few white buttons. The rest of his clothes were black. 

Purple guy sighed and put his knife back on the table. This soul had been very strong, not easy to break. But still no challenge for him, who did everything to get what he wanted. Smiling the psychopath walked away, he would be waiting in his office until the puppet would wake up. 

In order to create the puppet, he had to mess with the head of his „host". If he had channeled the spirit into a body or a animatronic, it would've been a lot easier to manage. But if he had his other victims, he would do that of course. 

But for the puppet he needed a human. 

A mentally broken and insane human, but still. 

Human. 

Purple guy looked up, as he heard an insane chuckle behind him. Nate was standing in the doorframe, his eyes entirely black just with a small white dott in the middle. 

„The others are like animals", said the puppet in a voice that only slightly remained Nate's and looked at its creator, „but I'm very aware." 

„You truly are, my friend", smiled Purple guy and took his hood of only to reveal purple coloured hair which was bound to a little ponytail, „And who will you obey to?" 

The puppet stared for a while at the man's face, as if it tried to remember every detail, before answering: „You." 

Purple guy chuckled before saying: „That's what I wanted to hear. Go to sleep now. In the next time, we'll have visitors." Puppet nodded and did go to the prize corner. 

„Puppet", it said to himself and shook his head, „No, I don't like that name. My name is Natemare."