Who's the Daddy?

Matt's POV

"I didn't see who took her home and it definitely wasn't me." Kevin said.

"I don't remember seeing her leave." I said. I thought for a moment and desperately tried to imagine what had happened that night. Did I take her home? I was wracking my brain for the answer, but it was one of the times I allowed myself to drink a bit too much, so I don't fully remember it.

"Right, so we have no idea who took her home and it wasn't any of us." Kevin said.

Kirstie looked like she was going to burst into tears again. Surely that guy wouldn't have taken advantage of her. All of us were keeping an eye on her most of the night, apart from those few minutes when she left. All it took was a few moments inattention and that guy could've taken the opportunity. She may be older than me, but my mum taught me to look out for female friends when you go out. I'd hate myself forever if something had happened to her whilst I was supposed to be protecting her.

"Kirstie, when you woke up in the morning, was anyone with you?" Kevin asked.

"No." she said.

"Were you in any pain or sore, or was there any blood? Any sign that someone had done something?" Kevin asked.

"No. The bed was clean, and I can't remember if I was in pain. It was almost two months ago Kev." Kirstie said.

"Well clean sheets are a good sign. Was there anyone else's stuff around the house or anything out of place?" Kevin asked. He really wanted to get to the bottom of this.

"I can't remember Kev." Kirstie said quietly.

"Hold on!" I said, some memory coming back to me. Everyone looked at me like I was insane. "I woke up on your sofa. I took the dogs out and got us breakfast. I didn't see anyone else around." I said.

"So, you must've taken her home." Mitch said.

"Maybe he did. But if I woke up in my bed and he woke up on the sofa, it doesn't mean anything." Kirstie said. "Can we stop talking about this now!" Kirstie had tears of frustration in her eyes, but I didn't get to give her a hug before she jumped up and ran to the bathroom.

"Poor thing. She's so sick." Scott said.

A couple of days later, Kirstie was still upset at the thought that someone might have taken advantage of her. Scott had called Avi and practically interrogated him. Avi didn't see who took Kirstie home, but he had seen her leave with someone. This information just upset Kirstie more. Her sickness hadn't improved either, so she was a bit miserable from puking all day long. I had spent quite a bit of time thinking about that day and I needed to talk to Kirstie urgently. She still didn't trust herself driving the car, so I was going to be taking her home. It was the perfect time to tell her what I knew. It needed to be just the two of us when I told her.