Telling the Boys

Kirstie's POV

A week after the first scan, the band was meeting up at the studio to record. I already had a small bump forming and my morning sickness was still here. With a vengeance. I woke up this morning and knew that I had to tell the other boys about Matt today. Matt was going to pick me up again, I still wasn't sure how long I would last driving on my own without throwing up.

"Matt," I said, breaking the silence in the car.

"Yeah?" he replied.

"I want to tell the boys."

"Tell them what?"

"About you. And the baby." Matt went silent for a moment.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. I don't want to keep it a secret from them."

"Alright. If they try anything, they can answer to me." Matt said seriously.

"That's what I'm afraid of." I said quietly.

I was so nervous by the time we arrived at the studio. I was practically shaking as we walked into the studio, Matt had to help me up the stairs I was so nervous. Scott noticed the second we came in and was shocked at how I was acting.

"Kirstie? Are you okay?" he asked, coming over to us and wrapping his arm around me. I didn't trust my voice right then, so I nodded in response.

"You're shaking really badly." Mitch said. With one flip of my stomach, I knew I was done for. I yanked my arms away from Matt and Scott and bolted to the toilet. Someone followed me and held my hair back, as I emptied the contents of my stomach for what seemed like the millionth time.

By the time I finished, I realised it was Mitch that had followed me. He helped me clean myself up and we went back into the main room together. Kevin was recording, so I would be telling them after we had all recorded. It was probably for the best; I'd rather everyone be in the zone. The bombshell would definitely be too much for them to handle if they had to record afterwards.

We were there for a good few hours, taking turns recording parts. It was nearing 5pm by the time we were done for the day. It was now or never. The boys needed to know.

"Ready to go Kirst?" Matt asked.

"No." All four of them looked at me in surprise. "There's something I need to tell you." I said seriously.

"Is everything okay?" Kevin asked.

"Yes." I paused for a second and braced myself for the onslaught of questions. "I know who the father is."

"WHAT?!" Mitch screamed.

"I thought you didn't want to know." Scott said.

"I said I wasn't sure." I said quietly.

"Are you happy about who it is? Because you don't look happy about it." Kevin said.

"I'm just nervous." I said.

"Why? It's just us you're telling. Is it someone we know?" Mitch asked.

"Yeah. You know him." I paused again.

"Well tell us. Who is it?" Scott asked.

I took a deep breath and glanced over to Matt for a second.

"It's Matt." The whole room went silent. The ticking of a clock was so clear because of how quiet it was.

"This Matt?!" Mitch said, pointing across the room. I kept my head down and nodded in response.

"WHAT!" Scott yelled. "You took advantage of her!"

"No. I would never." Matt replied.

"Matt, if you hurt her in anyway so help me..." Kevin said, with rage building in his voice. Kevin's not one to get mad, so this was a big deal.

"He didn't take advantage of me." I said. "Both of us were drunk and it just kind of happened. It's no one's fault. Please don't blame him." I was on the verge of tears. I couldn't bare the thought of my brothers hating my baby's Daddy. Scott was still glaring at Matt and Mitch hadn't recovered from the shock yet.

"Matt. How do you feel about it?" Kevin asked, once he had calmed down a bit.

"I'm not proud of what happened, but I will support her in every way. The baby may have been an accident, but it's one I'm happy about."

The boys calmed down after a while and were happy for us. They were happier knowing that it was Matt and not some random dude. Also Scott was more comfortable in the knowledge that Matt was willing to help me the whole time. As Matt drove me home, I thanked the universe that the boys didn't completely over-react. Now all I had to do was figure out when to tell the fans.