Reassurance

Kirstie's POV

Since Will and the boys had come over, I could feel my senses slowly returning. They do say that when you hit rock bottom, it can only get better afterwards. I was so glad that my Mum was here now. I didn't want to adult yet, but Kevin had shocked me back into my body. I did not want to lose my baby girl too. I would never recover from that.

I couldn't hold back my tears when the penta-parents arrived. They had all come here, because I lost him, and they wanted to help me feel better about it? What did I do to deserve them in my life? I could tell they didn't want to overwhelm me too much, but I was so thankful when Mum suggested we go upstairs for a bit. I needed less people around so I could calm down.

The same way I had a few days prior, I fell onto my bed and curled into a ball as I cried. The five of them sat around me, giving me comfort as they waited for me to stop crying. They gave me a safe space to let all my emotions out with no judgement. After a while, my tears dried up and I was attempting to slow my breathing down. Esther reached over to my bedside table and grabbed a tissue to wipe my face.

"Feel better?" Mum asked me. I didn't trust my voice, so I gave her a nod instead. Esther reached for my hands and helped me sit up, so she could give me a cuddle.

"Now, how are doing really?" Connie asked.

"Okay." I croaked out. I was still leaning into Esther, as Mum smoothed my hair out of my face.

"Alright. Now answer that truthfully." Nel said.

"I don't know." I replied. "I'm terrified."

"Did the doctor tell you why it happened?" Mum asked.

"Yeah. There were some issues. Probably wasn't going to survive anyway." I said.

"Oh darling." Esther said. "You've still got your girl though."

"I don't want to lose her." I said quietly.

"I know you don't. It does mean you're going to have to take care of yourself. And let the boys take care of you as well." Mum said. "I'm going to stay for a couple of days and sort things out for you." I leant into her and nodded. Mum's are the best. How can I be as good as my Mum?

The six of us went back downstairs after a while, and Avi had made dinner. I expected him to make barbeque, since it's his favourite and speciality, but he'd made a stew that smelt so wonderful.

"I used some of your pans Kirst, I hope you don't mind." I gave him a small smile and shook my head.

"It's okay." I said. Avi passed me a spoon and motioned to the main pot on the side.

"How much would you like?" Avi asked.

"I don't know." I replied.

"I'll give you a couple of ladles, but you can always have more." He said.

"Okay." Avi put the stew in my bowl for me and handed it to me, ushering me into the living room.

The rest of the people in my house got food as well, and we had what I would class as a lovely family dinner. We were only missing Kevin's parents. I slowly ate my small bowl of stew and let everyone else carry the conversation. My Mum may have got me to talk more, but I had no desire to be fully social again at the moment.

"Kirstie, we'd like to go back to tour rehearsals tomorrow. Are you feeling up to it?" Mitch asked once all the dinner things were cleared up.

"I'm not sure." I replied quietly.

"You should go." Mum said. "It'll probably do you good to get out of the house and get your mind on something else."

"But that's where I lost him." I replied, trying to hold in my tears.

"I know it hurts right now, and you'll miss him for a long time. Some things are out of your control. It may not seem like it right now, but it will get better." Esther said.

"As long as you take care of yourself, and let us help you, your little girl is less at risk. The doctor said she is healthy." Matt said.

"Okay." I said. "I'll go."