They Know

Kirstie's POV

Two weeks later, my baby bump was easily noticeable. I started wearing baggy clothes, but it still tipped the fans to something going on. All the penta-parents were in town this week, so we could catch up and tell them everything in one go. All of our close friends were also in town, which was Mitch's idea. That way I'd only have to tell the story once. Mitch and Scott had basically organised a party, under the premise that we wanted to celebrate our up-coming tour with everyone we loved.

My Mum was the first to arrive, and she was very quick to come over to me and give me a massive hug.

"Hi baby. How are you and my grandchild?" she asked.

"I'm good, and so are the babies."

"Good, good. Has your sickness slowed down yet?"

"It's slowing down a little. But the doctor said having two makes it worse and last a bit longer."

"Oh okay. Wait ... two? It's twins?!" she finally caught on.

"Yeah it's twins. One was hiding behind the other, so we didn't know until the 12-week scan."

"You're going to be a wonderful mother." She said, looking very proud of me.

"Well, I have a pretty good mother to learn from."

The rest of the penta-parents and our friends arrived over the next hour. I was trying to stay hidden for a bit, because most of them would pick up on the baby bump the second they saw me. Our immediate families knew about the pregnancy, but they didn't know about the twin or that Matt was their Daddy. Once everyone had arrived, the band went on the small stage to perform a couple of new songs. First, we had to address the obvious.

"Hello everyone! Thanks for coming." Scott said.

"Now, we told you this was a party before we went our tour again, which is true, but it's not the only reason." Mitch continued.

"As some of you may know, something wonderful has happened over the last few of months, which we can now tell you." Kevin said.

"He says 'we' but this is technically Kirstie's news." Matt said. Now it was my turn.

"There's no gentle way to say it, so I'm going to rip the band-aid off." I took a breath to keep myself calm. "I'm pregnant."

There was an audible gasp.

"Really?"

"Oh flip!"

"Congratulations."

"Who's the father?"

"Are you excited?"

The questions came flying at me faster than I could handle, and I could feel my breathing get a bit faster. Matt noticed straight away and calmed everyone down as fast as he could. I took a couple of seconds to slow my breathing down and leaned into Matt a little. I knew it would be easier to answer all the questions in one go, but I would need everyone to be quiet as I told the story.

"I'm 15 weeks along with twins. Matt is the father and he's willing to support me. It was an accident, but he didn't take advantage of me. We're both very happy this is happening, and everything looks good so far." I said, hoping I had covered everything in a short version of the story. The crowd was silent for a moment as they took in everything I had said. After what felt like a thousand years, Matt's Mum broke the silence.

"Well, congratulations to you two. I'm very happy for you, and I'm excited to get a grandchild." She said, with a giant smile forming on her face. The rest of the group followed her example, which put me at ease. I was so worried that they were going to be mad t me or mad at us.