~two~

i wake up suddenly to the sound of my mom  shouting me from downstairs. "y/n get your ass down here now! you'll be late!" ah motherly love amirite? i roll my eyes before slowly clambering out of bed and shoving on some leggings and a t-shirt. thank god it's friday. i can't deal with gabriella for much longer than that. i quickly bring my hair and my teeth, before going downstairs. brendon's sat at the table, slowly chewing on a bowl of cereal. his expressione changes when he notices me. "oh so you're not dead then." my dad says. "no" i reply. i mumble "not that you'd care if i was" under my breath as i walk to the fridge, grabbing my bottle of water and an apple. "what?" my dad said. my heart stops. "nothing." i reply. "good." and i take a small sigh of relief. i sit down on the chair next to brendon and he looks at me. "are you ok now?" he whispers. i nod. "good." he grabs my hand from under the table and squeezes it quickly, before letting go. i smile reassuringly at him. in reality i'm terrified of going back to school. i really don't wanna see gabriella again. there's a knock at the door and i rush up, knocking the table slightly. "for god sake y/n!" my dad yells. "sorry." i say sarcastically. he doesn't say anything else but i can feel him glaring at me. i hate my parents. brendon has lalways been the favourite child, but i know for a fact he's not as innocent as he looks. our mom thinks he's the perfect child, but she hasn't seen him drinking and smoking weed in the park. our dad thinks he's got all the best grades, but he hasn't heard he failed his last maths test. everybody thinks he's such a "gentleman" with a perfect girlfriend, but i'm one of the only ones who knows he's been fucking dallon. speaking of, i open the door and dallon and patrick are stood there. the two of them live just round the corner, so we all walk to school together. brendon and i grab our bags and make our way to school. dallon and brendon walk ahead, and i see them holding hands. i have to admit, they are cute together, but it kinda made me wanna vomit. patrick notices my face of disgust and nudges my arm. "y/n, i know what you're thinking." he says. "i know you want a boyfriend, and i'm telling you, you'll find one before the end of the year." i roll my eyes and say "you've got pete though. and dallon now has my brother. i'm fucked." he sighs and shakes his head "whatever." we don't talk for the rest of the journey up to school, and when he sees pete stood near the lockers, he runs off. i'm alone again. i mean i guess i always have been. i slowly trudge to homeroom and plonk myself down in my chair, leaning on the wall. our homeroom teacher isn't there yet, so i don't bother getting out any of my stuff. i notice something purple from the corner of my eye. i look to my left and notice the purple haired boy again. i smile at him and he smiles back. i turn back round to the front, feeling a bit better. he's kinda cute. how come i've never seen him before? "i-i'm awsten." he speaks up, making me jump slightly. i look back round at him. "hey. i'm y/n. are you new here?" i ask. he nods. "yeah. i moved to be with my friends who i've known for ages." he says. "ah ok. who are your friends?" "geoff wigington and otto wood. the principal told me that they're in this homeroom." i nod. "they are." otto's really friendly but i've never really spoken to geoff. they're both kinda reserved. "oh good. i didn't want to be alone. it seems kinda scary here. it's really big." i nod again. "yeah it is." i struggle for something else to say and by the time some words hit my brain they've already fallen from my mouth and i can't stop myself "would you possibly like to sit with me and my friends at lunch?" i say quickly. way to make it obvious you idiot. "uhm ok sure. what do you have before lunch?" i quickly take a look at my timetable, my lack of memory not helping. "ah. i have music with mr hoppus." his face lights up a bit. "me too!" he giggles and i can't help but blush. the bell goes, and people start filling in. "ok well i see you then." we both nod and smile at each other once more, before turning to the front for role call. i have to admit, awsten is really fricken cute. i love his purple hair, and he has a really interesting but cool sense of style. he's wearing a oversized striped  sweater with loads of colours on it and black skinny jeans. he has this weird necklace on that's got little blue and clear plastic things on it. it's cool though. he's cool. do i have a crush on him? no that's absurd. isn't it? i look back round at him and i catch him looking at me. he blushes as we both smile and i look back round again. he's so cute.
oh shit. i think i like him.

~~~~

chapter 2 complete. hope you liked it :)