~four~

"well well well. what do we have here. a slut. an attention whore. a freak." gabriella says to her group of bitches. they all laugh and she steps forward. "go away gabriella." i say cowardly. i was practically nothing compared to her. she has an army, i have to stand up for myself here. she practically screams with laughter and her clique follow along. "how about a big fat, just like yourself, no." she tugs on my hair when all of a sudden someone shouts. "get the fuck off my best friend." dallon. i smile at him, and patrick, pete, and brendon all appear from around the corner. here's my army. "why should i loser?" gabriella turns to face them, pulling my hair tighter. dallon turns to face brendon. they say something to each other quietly, before smirking. "because i'm going to do something you're really gonna hate." the two step forward and start kissing each other. gabriella looks heartbroken. brendon is the one person she can't have. she runs off crying, her whores running after her. i turn to my friends and smile at them all, before giving them a group hug. i love that my older brother would rather hang out with his sister who's best friends are a bunch of losers a year younger than him, than hang out with the popular guys he definitely belongs with in his year. he'd rather stick up for his little sister. we walk outside to the gates where geoff otto and awsten are waiting for us. "hey y/n, who's this?" brendon whispers. "the new kid awsten, and his friends, otto and geoff. you'll like them. they're really nice." he nods and we all make our way to the bus station to get to the mall. dallon looks a lot happier now, and he's holding brendon's hand. he was probably just pissed that him and josh fought. we walk around the mall, one pair after the other. just guess who i was walking with and talking to. awsten. "awsten. do otto and geoff y'know, go out?" he shakes his head. "They've both got girlfriends. Otto and Grace, Geoff and Chloe. And me the single Pringle" he replies with a chuckle i nod and smile awkwardly. "why do you like one of them?" he sounds worried. "oh no. i like someone else." he sighs and i blush. "are they in our home room?" i nod. "i'll work it out. you'll practically drool over them. you'll look at them a little too long." we both laugh and i shake my head. "i will not!" we eventually reach the hot topic, and we all disperse around the store. i have $53. despite my parents not liking me, my grandma does. i'm blatantly her favourite. no offence to brendon. i visit her whenever i'm having a bad day. she doesn't get many visitors. brendon only sees her on christmas and my parents never see her. that's probably why i'm her favourite. she gives me all my pocket money as my mom won't. that's why i have so much to spend. she's like the mother i've never had. i walk straight over to the vinyls and cds. my grandma bought me a vinyl player, and she has one, so every week i'll take a vinyl over and we'll listen to it together, and she'll even dance with me. currently we're obsessed with "queen". freddie mercury is an absolute legend. i see another pair of hands, also flicking through queen vinyls. i look up and awsten is looking straight at me. "woah. the universe just doesn't want us to be apart." he says. we both laugh. i feel like i should tell him now. it's not the most romantic place to tell your crush you like them, but it's quirky, and we both seem to like music a lot. i pay for the vinyl, and the others buy their shit, before we walk to the food court and grab something to eat. nobody really talks as we stuff our faces, and when were done, we catch another bus and go down to patrick's house. well everyone but awsten geoff and otto. we rush up to pats bedroom, without a word to either of his parents. i sit on the beanbag in the corner, brendon and dallon on the floor and pete and patrick are laid on the bed. they all turn to me and pull the weirdest smiles ever. "yes?" i ask. "soooooo?" dallon says. "so what?" they all shake their heads. "oh my god. awsten! you know. the boy you're clearly crushing on." patty says. i feel my cheeks heating up and dallon pulls a face as if to see told y'all so. "i-i dont have a crush on awsten." "yeah of course you don't. i've hardly hung out with you lot today and i can see the way you look at him. with little hearts in your eyes." brendon says. i hate that my brother can read me and my facial expressions as well as he does. "you're an ass brendon. you really are." i say. dallon makes a little noise, like a cough/snort and runs out of the room. "huh? what's up with him." pete asks. we all shrug our shoulders and brendon goes after him. they come back in after a few minutes but everyone seems on edge. tense.