~eight~

Y/N pov.
Awsten takes us to a cute little 60s style diner in town. We walk in and sit down at a table, me admiring the vibe and decor of the place. "You like it?" He asks. I nod. It's so cool. I'd have loved to live in the 60s. The waitress skates over to our table. Yes the waitresses are on freaking roller skates. I love it here already. "What can I get for you two lovebirds?" She says with a huge grin on her face. We both blush at each other. "Ah I see. It's your first date. Anyway, what can I get ya?" Awsten quickly scans over the menu, while I intensely stare at it, not sure what I want. "I'll have a cheeseburger and fries, with a chocolate shake please." He says. I panic. "I'll have the same. But a vanilla shake please." She smiles. "Of course." She replies as she skates off again with our orders. "So. Tell me more about you." He says. "Oh. Well you already kind of know me, so there's not really anything else to say. I'm 17 years old, my favourite band at the moment is well basically anything with a good beat, my favourite colour is black, I play guitar and sing, I'm a bit of a nerd. I've have only one sibling, Brendon, I've been friends with Dallon for all my life. I love experimenting with makeup, and I'm bi. So what about you." I say, looking down at the table. I'm super socially awkward. "Well I'm also 17, I listen to all sorts of music, I like skateboarding with Otto, smashing Geoff at Mario Kart and playing guitar, I live with my mom, stepdad and stepsister, and our cat, Jet. Ive got a sister, Gracie but she doesn't live with us. I've known Geoff and Otto for about 10 years, we're in a band, just the three of us. We're called Waterparks. My favourite colour is dependent on my mood. I've got synesthesia, so that's why I dye my hair a lot." He points at his hair and I giggle. "I wanna dye my hair but Patrick and Dallon refuse to do it." He smiles. "I'll do it for you. If you want. I dye mine myself." He says. "Yes please. What do you think would look good on me?" He thinks about it. "I think either bright purple like mine, or blue. Maybe pink. Or you could go totally wacky and dye it rainbow!" I giggle. The waitress comes back over with our food. "Enjoy guys!" She says, before disappearing again. We both dig in, chatting here and there about things. We kept asking each other silly would you rather style questions, and what our favourite things were, like food, movies and songs. We finish our food and sit in a comfortable silence, sipping on our milkshakes. "Can I get y'all anything else. Possibly an ice cream sundae?" The waitress says, breaking the silence. "Yes please! Is that okay with you Aws." I say excitedly. "Sure. Wanna get one to share?" He asks. I nod. "One sharing ice cream sundae coming right up!" I grin at Awsten. "What's up?" He asks. "Nothing. Just thinking." Thinking about how cute he is. "Thank you. You're cute too." I said that last thing out loud. Well done. The ice cream gets placed onto the table, along with two spoons. "Enjoy." We both look at the ice cream, then back at each other. I dig my spoon in and start eating, noticing Awsten is looking at me. "What?" I ask. "You've got something on your face. Lemme get it." He says, leaning over the table. I smile, until I notice he's wiped whipped cream on my nose. "Hey! That's not fair!" I say. "It is." He says, laughing at me. I roll my eyes. I'm gonna get him when he's not looking. "Wanna taste some of this chocolate ice cream over here?" I ask. He nods, as I get lots on my spoon, leaning forward to feed him, I can see the waitress looking at us from the corner of my eye. I get a load of cream on my finger. "Here ya go Aws. I say, feeding him, and then wiping the cream on his cheek. "Got ya!" I say, giggling. "Aw man." He says, sending us both into fits of laughter. "Come here. I want to get a picture of us looking like idiots." I say. I shuffle over and he sits beside me, as I take a picture of us with cream on our face. He takes his spoon full of ice cream, and I get mine, and get a picture of us feeding each other too. I put my phone away and look at him. "Let me help you dork." I say, cleaning his face with a napkin. He returns the favour and wipes my nose. "Perfect." I blush as he goes back round to the other side of the table, and starts to eat the ice cream again. I like this dork a lot. And I think he likes me.

We finish the ice cream, thankfully with no more whipped cream on our faces, and the waitress comes over with the bill. "I'll pay." Awsten speaks up. "No I will. It's okay." But before I can get my purse out he's already paid for us both. I roll my eyes again, and he grins. I can't get annoyed at him, he's just being sweet. "Bye guys!" The waitress says as we get up and leave, walking back out to his car. "Where d'ya wanna go now N/N?" He asks. "How about a walk round the park?" I suggest. "Sounds good!" We drive off to the park, jamming out to Killer Queen on the way there.

We pull up at the park, and we go straight to the playground, like the five year olds we are. We race to the only available swing, me winning by a millisecond. "Unfair!" He whines, jokingly. "You can push me. Cmon then you can have a go." I say. He pushes me on the swing, until I get bored and jump off. "My turn!" He says, hopping on the swing. I sigh and push him, as I said I would. He gets bored eventually too, and we start to walk around the park. "Do you maybe wanna..." he pauses and looks at me. "What?" I ask. He takes my hand and squeezes it, making me smile. We walk around, hand in hand, finding a nice place to lie in the sun. He lays down, and I rest my head on his stomach, and I feel him gently playing with his hair. He clears his throat and shuffles a bit. "You okay?" I ask. "Yeah. It's just i like you a lot. And I know we've only been on one date and we've only known each other for a little bit but would you possibly..." He goes quiet. "Huh?" "Would you like to be my girlfriend?" I start blushing madly. I don't know what to say. "Sorry I said the wrong thing. You probably don't even-" "Aws. Stop. I like you a lot too. So yes. I will be your girlfriend." I say, sitting up and looking directly at him. He starts grinning. "Wow." He says. "What?" "I didn't think it'd work." I giggle and kiss him on the cheek. "Well it did! Now cmon. Fancy watching a movie at my place?" He nods and we race off to his car.
Awsten Knight is my boyfriend.
I am Awsten Knights girlfriend.
How crazy is that?!
~~~~
Honestly would love to go on a date like this it would be so adorable.