~sixteen~

Awsten's POV:
About 2 weeks later.
We've been travelling for 2 weeks, not really having any clue where we're going, but I think that something is wrong with Y/N. She's not sleeping properly, not eating much and she's thrown up multiple times in the last 3 days. She's been quite distant too, considering we're stuck in a van together pretty much all the time now. She hasn't to spoken to anybody other than her brother and Dallon, and is in a constant haze. I think we're planning to drive to New York, to move into Dallon's parents apartment. Or just anyway far enough away from California. Brendon is driving at the moment, Y/N beside him, Dallon right next to her. She looks like she's been crying. A lot.  I don't say anything, but i want to know if she's okay. She leans on Dallons shoulder, and starts crying again. She whispers something to him, and i can only make out 1 word of it all. 'Pregnant'. My heart stops. I'm only 17. I can't be a dad. I start freaking out silently. Now it's my turn to throw up. "Brendon, stop the car. i think i'm gonna be sick" I say, hand over my mouth. He pulls over quickly and i stumble out, throwing up on the side of the road. I wipe my mouth on the back of my sleeve, taking off my hoodie and throwing it in the trunk. Dallon gets out so we can swap places, so i can sit next to Y/N. Brendon starts the car again, and everything goes silent, apart from the faint buzz of the radio. "Aws? You're always gonna be here for me, yeah?" She whispers, leaning on my shoulder. I nod. "Of course." They were the only words we spoke the rest of the way.
We find a tiny little diner  in basically the middle of nowhere, and we all go in. Brendon and Dallon go to get us all some food. It's basically deserted, there's hardly anyone there. The lights flicker on and off every once in a while and there's a leak in the roof. The other 2 come to the table with the food. Despite the condition of the restaurant, the food wasn't that bad. Y/N looks at me, with tears in her eyes. "You know yesterday, when i went into the bathroom at that dodgy looking gas station. Well I took a pregnancy test." I remember that gas station vividly. The flickering lights, the slightly mouldy ceiling. The squeaky fan, the slightly wet floor. I was kind of walking around in a daze, but I remember her buying it, and sneaking past us to the bathroom. She took a while in there, and then cried to her brother when she came out again. I swallow the lump that was in my throat and brace myself for what she was going to say next, her eyes glazed over with tears. "Awsten. I'm pregnant." The tears fall from her eyes and she can't stop. Everyone looks up, shocked at what she said,apart from Dallon and Brendon obviously, and nobody has any words.She must have said it louder than she intended . "Y/N. I'm so fucking happy." I say. She looks up and starts smiling. "Wait what? B-but we're only-" I cut her off. "I don't care how old we are, if we don't have much money, where we are living. I will stand by you every step of the way. We all will." I pull her closer to me and kiss her forehead. She puts her hand in mine and squeezes it tight.
"You know i'll always be around."

Oh My God why did it take me so long to upload this!! Got lots of free time now so more updates to come. also,, this story has over 3K reads which id never think it'd get, to thank you so much! if you'd like to follow my instagram [lilalphabetboi] it'd mean a lot to me. anyway, it feels good to be back, and i hope you enjoy!! keep safe and my instagram dms are always open. see you later!
ellie 💘