Chapter Seven: Little Bear

Awan stayed at the den, tending to Cypress and Fawna, and in turn, he was fed and sheltered.
In the passing days, Cypress grew stronger. He was now able to make his own trips to get water and when he felt good enough, he would help with chores around the den.
Fawna now had the den to herself and she'd gathered leaves and moss at the bottom of the den.
"Everything is ready, the pups should arrive very soon." Awan had told them.
That's when it happened. They were all finishing up a meal when Fawna suddenly went into labor
Raven waited anxiously outside the den with Cypress while Awan calmy guided Fawna into the den.
The sun slowly set while Awan slipped in and out of the den, bringing news to Cypress and more herbs to Fawna.
Raven pinned her ears against the wails coming from the den and Cypress shifted his paws- frantically. Everything quieted down and Awan walked out of the den, smiling.
"The pup has arrived, a beautiful and healthy girl."
Cypress's tail thumped proudly in the dirt and he stood to go peek inside the den.

Raven stayed were she was, turning to Awan."The pup? Won't there be more?" Raven questioned. Awan shook his head, "It's not likely when I first saw her I didn't think she was very far along in her pregnancy. Her stomach is quite small compared to other pregnancies I've seen, doesn't seem like there would be any room for more than one pup."Raven thought for a moment, "I suppose that's good, for Fawna at least. She won't be overwhelmed."Cypress poked his head back out of the den. "Raven, come see."Raven smiled and wagged her tail, excusing herself from Awan she lightly trotted over to the den. Cypress stepped over Fawna and sat next to Raven. "Her name is Miska," Fawna told her with a smile. Raven smiled and leaned forward to meet her sister. The whelp was furiously throwing his head around in Fawna's fur as she searched for milk. Raven immediately felt attached to the tiny newborn. "She's a furious little thing." Raven smiled at the reddish-brown pup, admiring her white eye patches. Fawna smiled, "She'll cause enough trouble, even without the siblings."Cypress chuckled as the pup was finally successful in its search, "She'll be a chubby little thing too." Fawna scowled at Cypress and he added, "Just like Raven was."Raven growled at Cypress and shouldered him away. A high-pitched squeal rumbled from the pup as she lost her grip and slipped down Fawna's belly."She's  just a little beast isn't she?" Raven nudged the pup back into place, "A little bear."