Chapter Nine:Pretty Little Daisies

Raven laid in front of the den, left to watch Miska while Fawna and Cypress went out to hunt she -once again- pulled a scrap of hide out of Miska's grip. The pup yelped and tumbled backward.
Miska had grown enough to the point where she didn't need her mother's constant attention. With now open eyes and ears, Miska never wanted to stay in the den for very long.
Miska stood and refused to return to Raven. She started to wobble away, towards steep slope that leads to the meadow.
Raven growled quietly and pulled by her tail, back under her chest. "Not so fast little bear."
Miska turned her big brown eyes and whimpered pitifully, "I want to there."
"Don't start that," Raven scolded, "You're too big for all that crying now."
She nudged Miska and turned her attention to the shredded rabbit's hide.
"You stick with practicing on that for now."
Miska stumbled over picked up the hide and brought it over to Raven. 
Raven sighed, bored of playing tug of war with the pup, Miska was a bit of a sore loser.
"I know!" she nearly knocked aside the pup as she jumped to her feet. "Let's go to the midden."
Miska dropped her toy and shook her head.
"We aren't really going to the midden. There's something I want to show you. But we won't tell anyone else. Okay?"
"Okay." Miska nodded and put the hide away in the den.
They started down the path, Miska running ahead of Raven.
"Miska slow down." Raven called, "You're going to pass it."
Miska skidded to a halt and ran back to join her sister.
Raven picked up the pup by the scruff and pulled her in the direction of the creek.
"Its this way."
Raven held Miska above the shrubs and bushes and she pushed her way through the broken branches. When they came to the log bridge Miska wriggled impatiently, wanting to be let down.
"Don't go near the water, Miska," Raven warned, "we have to cross this log."
Miska shook her head and backed away.
Raven knew she would be scared to cross, but she was determined to get her to her over.
"I'll be right behind you."
"N- no" Miska took another step back.
"Come on Miska. There are lots of flowers over there, come and see."
Miska sniffed and took and step forward, "Flowers?"
"Yes, pretty white daisies."
Miska came close enough to Raven so she could lift her up onto the log.
"Okay, don't move until I'm behind you."
Slowly they made it over to the other side and Miska jumped off without any help.
Raven, proud of her confidence, smiled and they continued towards the cabin.
Entering the clearing, Miska gawked at the sight of the cabin, but her attention was quickly shifted when she saw the daisies growing all around her. She giggled as she started picking the prettiest ones she could find.
"Remember, Miska, you can't tell mom or dad."
Miska nodded and walked up to Raven with a mouth full of daisies. 
"Come on, let's go inside."
 Raven splayed out on the pelt covered floor and helped Miska change out the old flowers from the wall.
Miska perked her ears to a howl and turned from the wall, "Daddy?"
Raven stood up and nodded, "We have to go now."
Raven carried Miska all the way back to the midden path, "If they ask, we were at the midden."
"Going potty," Miska added.
Raven licked Miska all over her ears then smiled, "I'll race you back!"
Miska shrieked with laughter then bolted ahead. Raven laughed at the pup, who never looked behind her.