Just Another Day in the Lazuli Family

Hello, my name is Lapis Nora Lazuli
And I just came into this world, it is March 11th, year 1995 Homeworld Sanctuary Hospital current time 6:07 A.M.

Waaaaahhh!!!, I cried my face red as a cherry.

"Shhh, shhhh, it's okay, I'm here. Mama is here my sweet little gem. " She said in a soothing hushed voice, trying to calm me down.

"She's so beautiful darling just look at her!" The woman beamed, teary eyed. "Yes honey, she has your gorgeous features" he plants a soft kiss on the woman's forehead. "But your wonderful eyes darling an cute button nose" she blushed. I finally calmed down, under her gentle touch, her comforting words, its okay, mama is here, I'll always be here protecting you and loving you. The two gentle faces smiling down on me, one looked a bit rough, an scruffy due to his after shave, like he hardly slept a wink an the woman, my mother  just as tired as he was. their warm loving eyes beading down on me with gentle smiles, I smiled back. "what shall we name her dear?" They both look at each other puzzled in thought, pursing her lips then an idea stricken face she looked at me again. "How about...Lapis?" , "Lapis... hmm ..After your favorite gemstone?" She nods. "Perfect" he agrees with the name. "Because she is my precious gemstone, your name will be Lapis Nora Lazuli" she whispered my name, They both planted a soft kiss on my forehead.

Time skip

I walked to my school, bag in one hand dragging behind me, stomach growling. I haven't had any dinner or breakfast, she told me if I wet the bed again, I would get no food. My school wasn't that far from home; normally an adult wouldn't leave an unsupervised child. But I was a fast learner growing up, I finally entered where I sat at a small round table farthest in the back, away from the other kids. They all sat in there groups of friends talking about things such thing as coloring books, and dolls. But me, I had no one, no one talked to me, they picked on me, calling me mean names. I didn't really understand because I was so young back then, why me. Ack!!! "Ewww!!" I was shot with something sticky and gooey, it got stuck in my hair, I tried getting it all out but the more I tried the more it kept getting tangled. I was on the verge of tears until "Here, lemme help!" I looked up to be greeted by a pale girl with brown messy hair, and big glossy eyes, green as grass hidden behind her freckled face with glasses. She helped me untangle the gunk from my hair. "T-thank you" I sniffled. "No problem Bob" she smiled a toothy smile, one of her front teeth were missing. "M-my name is Lapis" as I wipe the tears from my eyes "Well nice to meetcha Lapis! I'm Penny, well that's just my middle name so my daddy says but I don't really like my first name, my real name is Peridot" She points to the seat next to me "Mind if I sit here?" I just shrug but she sits anyway and hands me a napkin, I take it blowing my nose. "Why are you sitting all alone Lapis?" I sit silently for a moment looking down at my hands. "No one wants to be friends with a weirdo" I mutter "huh? I don't think your weird " I glance up at her, she smiles at me, that toothy smile again. "Wha-" Ack!!  I was assaulted by another spit ball. "Your as weird as they come!!" The ginger haired boy cackled, loading more saliva coated balls into an straw "Don't be mean Lars!" A blonde haired girl said, the front of her shirt had her name stitched into it, Sadie. She was about to shove him but before she could react Peridot had already gotten up from her seat and kicked Lars out of his, he fell, hitting his head and started to cry, snot running down his nose, the ugliest crying face I've seen. "Big meanie! Whadda I do? " he cried, acting innocently "Lars! Peridot!" The teacher yelled at them both taking them into her office. After being lectured by the teacher, Peridot seemed scared and nervous after her parents were called. It was now recesses, I took a sketch book from the room and some pencils and scissors making arts and crafts under the slides, "Whatcha doin?" I nearly jumped out my skin, "Eep!!" She chuckled "Did I scare ya?" I nodded slightly "Mind if I join?" I shrugged and continued on doodling she just sat an watched me "Why do you sit all alone every day? Why do you hide under here? Don't you have other friends?" She kept asking me a million different questions and I was starting to get a bit annoyed "Why do you even care! You don't even know me, I'm just a freak!" I didn't mean to retaliate the way I did an I ended up slightly shoving her, she looked taken aback. Silence, then my stomach growled "You were just hungry huh?" She giggled, I look away, a blush creeping on my face "S-shut u-up and go away" I hear a bag ruffle, "Here" she smiles handing me a juice box and cookies. I look at her for a moment those hands extended out with goodies. 

Time skip (5 years later)

I entered the house, only late by two minutes, since the park was somewhat of a ways from where I lived it took me awhile to get home  but honestly didn't mind the commute;since I'm not allowed friends or to bring anyone over. Long as I got to spend more time with my best friend, Peridot. We have been together ever since Preschool, and ended up going to the same elementary school as well. I was still being bullied and taunted, being treated as the poor kid , unlike Peridot's family who were stinking rich. my mom was struggling on keeping a job, after dad died in an bad car accident on his way to pick her up from the store five years ago. She hasn't been the same since.
"I'm home..." I closed the door behind me. there she sat, whiskey in one hand and cigarette hanging loosely from her lips, she turned off the TV and took one last long drag from her cigarette before discarding it onto the floor, it left yet another burning hole on the floor out of the 20th other ones it reeked of smoke and booze. "Your late" anger in her voice, she waves her hand for me to come here, I do as told . "i-im sorry, i-i tried to get home as fast as I cou-" wack! "Don't give me that shit you were two minutes late!" My cheek stung as I looked down at the floor, biting my lip to hold back the tears from the painful strike. she grunts taking a sip of her whiskey on rocks. "Go to your room, no dinner for you tonight, maybe that'll give you some time to think next time you disobey my orders"