New Life, maybe?

This will be a Time Skip, to the beginning of their college lives.

Lapis POV

I awoke, as I felt the gentle breeze blowing against my skin. Feeling something I haven't felt in a long while, refreshed. I yawn an stretch feeling the muscles in my arms, shoulder and back. I climb my way out of bed an walk towards my window, the sun shining, seagulls cawing and the sound of crashing waves. Today was the day, I begin college at Beach City University "Lapis! Breakfast is ready!" Someone called out. as I make my way down the hallway the aroma of bacon an waffles lingered through the air an tickled at my nostrils. Upon entering the kitchen there stood a slender yet bulky boy, with long flowing black curls and a small bit of scruffy chin hair he was wearing a beach city hunk tank top, ripped shorts an sandals, placing breakfast on three plates, setting down a waffle on one of the plates in front of a girl who stared hungrily at them, she was mocha tan by complexion with beautiful flowing black hair, she wore glassess and had on a long light blue beach dress with a straw hat, Stevens straw hat. "Morning Lapis! Steven took notice of me "Oh, good morning Lapis!" The girl said acknowledging my entrance. "Good morning Steven, Connie" I waved at her sheepishly with an tired smile, my hair was a mess, I still had some bags under my eyes, I had on my usual blue crop top and baggy grey sweatpants as I sat down on the stool next to Connie, Steven placing the assortment of breakfast he cooked onto my plate and a glass of orange juice "Stayed up late again huh?"  Connie chuckled "yeah..I finally finished packing an didn't realize how late it had gotten so I hardly got any rest" I chuckled embarrassed, Steven sits in the chair across from us at the table, now we all had our breakfast an dove right in. "Great breakfast as usual Steven." I said feeling full an satisfied. "I rfheally cun b liv ur weaving " Steven spoke with a mouth full of waffles "You should probably finish eating first before speaking bucko" Connie giggled wiping a smudge of chocolate off his cheek because he made chocolate chip waffles, he blushed at her touch an I side grin, they're cute . He swallows "I was saying I can't believe your really leaving Lapis" "Beach City University right" Connie added "yeah..I'm surprised I was able to even get in, it's known to be one of the most prestigious colleges an they have a really great art an photography program " I give a nervous smile, Beach City was had a spring festival, back in April. and one section they had  art showcase where they were also having an art contest. the winner would get five thousand dollars in cash, an I thought I could definitely use that to get a car, I mean I worked at a coffee shop that also sold baked goods, it was okay but the pay wasn't too much but I liked it and the atmosphere. my co workers were pretty laid back too, I mostly just talked to Pearl, every now an then the rutile twins, an occasionally Amethyst which I was surprised to see her after so long, we reconnected after the Jasper incident although she was a lot nicer than Jasper long as I knew her an had a huuuuge hard on for Pearl, which so did Pearl but never will admit it. Back to before, so Steven and Connie said I should totally do the contest and I was hesitant. eventually I gave in an entered, There amongst the other judges were Beach City University professors looking for young promising artist, and when it all came down to the final judgement soon as they got to my art piece that I entered, I somehow won, It was a landscape piece of a girl who slightly resembled me but with blue hair; because I finally dyed my hair an deep ocean blue. She had a gem on her back; a Lapis Lazuli. With wings made out of water, she was cradling herself with tears falling from her eyes that formed into oceans below her, she was trapped, trapped inside a mirror. The judges of BCU said their breath felt as if it was taken away, an other flattering compliments. one woman, she was tall and curvy with long silver hair an wore blue earrings that were shaped like diamonds, As she traced her fingers gently across my work as if it was a fragile piece of China an whispered "You cannot fathom the thousands years of pain I've spent mourning, this is absolutely stunning!" Next thing here I am, chilling on the couch, watching CSI when suddenly Connie and Steven came towering over me beaming down over me with excited smiles with an envelope in hand.