Wrath of the nerd

Amethyst POV

I groan loudly "Hold ya horses, ima comin! Sheesh" I grumble as the loud banging at my door continues to send painful signals through my head. "Ughhh its way too late! Whadda ya wa-" I open the door to be awoken by Peridot, worry on her face "Amethyst! I think something is wrong!" I roll my eyes "Yeah something's wrong, with YOU it's like 11p.m. my dude" , "no-no I meant with Lapis! Have you seen her?! Have you even talked to her ?!" "ughhh, who is it.. it's way too-" Pearl freezes in her tracks, immediately wrapping the sheets around her naked body, blushing in embarrassment "o-oh he-hello Peridot what brings you here so early!" She chuckles nervously "it's 11pm pearl.." i just face palm. "I think something is wrong with Lapis.." she says.

Peridot POV

" I thought so, you do know what's going on" Amethyst and Pearl were giving each other nervous glances. "when is something not wrong with Lapis, it's just how she is P dot, all mysterious" she exaggerate by waving her hand trying to slowly close the door. " It's totally not like some crazy psychopathic person has broken out of jail and out to get her" she tries to slam the door shut but I stop it with my foot sending pains up my leg but I ignored it. "Tell me everything?!" Pearl smacks Amethyst upside the head like, smooth move you just cracked. " We might as well let her in and explain since you just had to crack" she walks off into her room." I did not crack !" Amethyst yells and allowing me in, she comes back shortly after with clothes. " Tea?" She asks "we don't have time for tea pearl, lapis is clearly in danger !" Amethyst sits me down " Hey hey relax P dizzy, I'm sure Lapis is fine she's at a friend's house anyway, laying looow" Pearl smacks her upside the head again "whattttt!" Ame fusses "you cracked again" she goes into the kitchen to make tea anyway then comes back handing us each a cup full an adding an cinnamon sticks, then taking a few sips herself she takes a deep breath. "Okay Peridot, well explain. . It just that-" she sighs setting down her cup "just what?" I raise an eyebrow "it's just that-" she pauses another long silence "it's just that she wanted us to swear to not to tell you anything!" Amethyst cuts in , this hurts for some reason "but-but why? Why keep me in the dark. .I thought we were - does she not trust me?!" " It's not that she doesn't trust you peridot, she doesn't want you to get hurt is all, she cares about you and us, that's why she wanted us to keep hush" before pearl finished " or- it's probably both, I mean you did mess up, but bringing some skank to the party who announced herself as your girlfriend dude" she rolled her eyes blowing her bangs out her face "Amethyst!" Pearl squawked "I'm just saying P!"  I hurt lapis again. . I start to shake "Peridot it's not your fault none of this is your fault" Pearl tries to comfort "N-no Amethyst is right. . It is my fault, I just thought - " I pull the letter out my pocket and hand it over "I found this letter, at first I thought..it was a love letter..so I got curious, I overheard her conversation a few months ago, she was on the phone with some girl named Connie talking about some Steven guy, an how lapis missed him and-" pearl looking at Amethyst confused which Amethyst expression was, she knew something more than she was letting out, Pearl glared at her. "do you KNOW something about this" she bites her lower lip, twirling her hair "you DO know more about this, I know that look!" Amethyst sigh "okay look! Connie and Steven are friends of Lapis, they all lived together after the " she paused then breathed "Look, Lapis was roommates with Connie and Steven who started dating since he was like 14..Steven is her brother "  I felt myself being slapped in the face, filled with stupidity. Clod.... "Something happened, a long time ago but. . I don't think I'm the right person to tell you this. . But yes, lapis is probably in danger, and that's exactly why she didn't want us to tell you P dot. For our safety an you not to do anything reckless" i balled my fist " my safety! Reckless!? She's the one being reckless here! She's been acting so cold and isolated and distance, making me feel like I had to walk on thin ice for her and she wants to talk about safety and being reckless?! " I storm out of the door "Where are you going!?" They both shouted after me.
"I'm going to go look for lapis! Either she wants me to or not, it's my decision to make, you can stay or come I don't care either way !" With that I heard Pearl and Amethyst closing their door and chasing after me "Wait up!" Both of them a exhausted mess I just look at them both with disinterest "We're going too, besides you'll need some back up for your back up" Pearl hands me a bat and Amethyst just smirks with agreement "Let's roll out bitches" I nod my head in agreement with amethyst. My ringtone starts going off and I see that it's Aquamarine calling again, I swipe declined as we exit the front doors and head to the parking lot.