No more savior, B***h!

Time skip, [freshman in highschool]

Lapis POV

I managed elementary, and the entirety of middle school even though I struggled immensely, almost barely passing, I haven't gotten a single word from Peridot, not a text nor a letter, now all my hopes had faltered, she probably doesn't even remember who I am, maybe she's gotten new friends, who am I kidding, I'm not special or important enough for anyone to care about, these negative thoughts started to consume me until I felt a hand on my shoulder "Oh hey Steven..." I looked down at my feet, "Hey Lapis are you-okay?" He gave me a concerned look, "Yeah I'm fine just pre highschool jitters is all" another white lie, I chuckled nervously. "Well no worries! I'm just as nervous too!" He gave me a small smile"you ready?" He asked, I give him a nod as we entered those big double red doors. Welcome to Homeworld Highschool, read the big sign. Everything seemed to go by smoothly, the abuse still continued; although my mom got her a new boy toy to keep her preoccupied. The bullying still continued here and there but it didn't bother me anymore, mostly they avoided me like a diseases. people thought Steven and i were twins at first because of our back hair except I had blue eyes he had brown, but when I needed an escape from home, I was always welcomed to the Universe's, his dad Greg was an rock star and his mom, Rose an Steven my loveable yet occasionally obnoxious little brother.

Time skip [sophomore year]

"Just leave me alone..." As I was being backed up into a corner, a bunch of varsity team jocks; juniors boys. surrounding me so I couldn't find a quick escape. "Just go on a date with one of us c'mon baby" one boy said, "I'll provide you protection gorgeous from these Jokers" as one blonde boy with green highlight tips ran his fingers through my hair, I flinched. They all had menacing smirks spread across their lips an eyes full of perversion, I thought I was having that nightmare where you dream your in school in your underwear except I was completely naked. "Leave her alone! She's not interested!" a certain black curly haired boy butted in and by butted in I mean he literally ran head first into the one jocks sides, the that ran his fingers through my hair. "Steven! " I exclaimed as he tackled the boy to the ground, wailing at him. "who the hell is this kid! Your boyfriend?!" He squirmed underneath Steven, although they were bigger than Steven, he was pretty strong for a shrimpy looking kid. One jock grabbed him from behind, by the collar yanking him off the other, Shoving Steven into the locker an knocking the wind out of him. "Don't hurt him!" I cried "Shut up bitch! We're gonna teach this little punk a lesson!"  He glared, fist raised in the air ready to strike "Oh now I remember you, your her shrimpy little brother" the blonde boy said as he picked himself up off the ground dusting off his jacket "Hold on Viktor, lemme get a swing at this punk first" the boy named Viktor put Steven in an arm lock from behind "Stop it! Please jus-just don't hurt him! I'll do it! " I tried to push pass the other jock, he had brown hair but like a curly fro an brown skin and scar over his eye blocking me. " Shut up! Teach him a lesson team leader!" Fiendishly smirking "It's to late now for that, No more savior bitch, he's dead meat!" I shut my eyes tightly, tears streaming down my face, feeling weak and defenseless. Smack. The team leader gets sent flying into the lockers, body went limp. Crack, the brown fro boy who was blocking me face gets greeted by a big hand. "Picking on the weak, an you call yourself the toughest of the tough. Seriously is this all what Homeworld football team is made of, pathetic, I hardly broke a sweat" her booming raspy voice, Viktor started to slowly back up "You dumb big ass Cheeto puff! I'm not scared of you!" Tsk, she clicked her tongue "Cheeto-" she towered over him now. "Ooohh, you've done it now. Kick his ass Jasper" she said, she was short about 5' with wild lavender colored hair and brown smokey eyes. The other girl named Jasper, stood almost about 6' tall, masculine with two toned skin an amber eyes with platnium coloured hair just as untamed as the other girls. She lifted the boy named Viktor up by his the collar of his shirt, Pop. He went flying into the wall, wind knocked out of him, she dusted off her hands. "Welp that takes care of that problem, just one more issue left" she turned around to face me, now there she stood, towering over me. I slowly backed up no further than I could into the corner of the wall I was previously blockade into she started to slowly extend out her hand, I flinched shutting my eyes an cowering down onto the floor. "You okay?" Her voice went soft, I  peeped one eye open to see her hand extended out in a gesture of, here let me help you up. I looked at it for a moment then opened both eyes. "I'm not going to hurt you, sheesh, I kinda just saved your scrawny butt" she rolled her eyes, I huffed an smacked her hand away. "I-i didn't need any help..I could've did it myself, I'm not that weak" she just chuckled, hand still out "Yeah sure whatever you say" she takes me by the hand anyway an pulls me up. "Yo I think we should get this little guy to the nurse"  the purple haired girl had Steven slung over her shoulder "is he going to be okay? What about the other guys?" I rushed over to check on Steven, checking his pulse, he was still breathing slowly. Oh thank god "Relax I'm sure he's okay, I can't say much for the other guys" the short girl cackled "you totally went hulk mode on them Jas" "Shut up or I'll thrash you next amethyst" Jasper hissed through gritted teeth. "Yeah yeah, whatever you say hulking gorilla let's just hurry up and get them to the infirmary before Mrs. sugelite chews us out again for missing gym class again, an she's even more terrifying than you"  "Yeah no shit..she's like  built on steroids and protein shakes" she scratches the back of her neck rolling her eyes, "alright, c'mon, time to see the nurse "  " I'm fine " I declined. "Hey what are you doing! Put me down!"  She sweeps me off of my feet, holding me bridal style. "Calm down, she-ra, better safe than sorry your going to the nurse alright" as they both proceeded to head down the hall towards the nurse office, there was a few glances, raised eyebrows and wolf whistles and glares with whispers. Apparently Jasper was one of the popular kids along with her cousin Amethyst, athletic and respected on the basketball team, every player wanted to be Jasper, every cheerleader wanted Jasper. "I'm perfectly fine, I don't need to see a nurse and I can walk on my own so put me down Dammit" I fussed "On about this again? Just let me help you stop being so bitchy sheesh- are you pmsing?" she sighed "Excuse-" she laughs "your pretty cute when your fiesty, I like that what's your name?"  I look away from her gaze when she instantly locked those almond amber eyes on me, a slight blush creeping on my face suddenly an I huff, cheeks poked out pouting "It's Lapis...Lapis Lazuli" I mutter "Alright Lapis Lazuli, I'm Jasper Quartz and since I saved your butt an all you can repay me back" I frowned " repay you back how exactly?" I rolled my eyes , as if I owe you anything. she grinned wide "well for starters" she paused "by being my girlfriend" she chuckled.
"Whaaaatttt?! " I nearly jumped out her arms.