7| Upside to Downside

NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA

BRADLEY HUGHES,

Usiah had opened up the shop this morning. Bradley had instructed him to do so because she needed a few extra hours of sleep. Rashad had done a doozy on her and she slept through all of her alarms and so did he.

They were tired as hell after what they did to one another last night.

Bradley was making her appearance at the shop three hours later from opening and even then she was still tired as hell.

She wore her black and white Allure shirt with black leggings and her slides. Her face was bare of any make up. From all the pulling Rashad did last night, her hair was fucked up. Instead of trying to revive the full lace wig, she took it off and sported a bantu knot turban over her head instead. She was the true definition of exhausted at the moment.

"Brad where the fuck is your cereal?" Rashad asked over the phone. Bradley gave him permission to stay over while she went to the shop for her appointments. She wasn't intending on staying until closing so she wanted him nearby.

Bradley chuckled lightly. "I don't eat cereal," She told him as she began getting out the car.

She no longer heard Rashad's shuffling around the kitchen, it was silent for a moment. "Who the hell don't eat cereal? See I might have to rethink us, I can't be with somebody who don't eat cereal," Rashad shook his head in disbelief. He was brought up on cereal. With his dad being away, and his mom working constantly that's all that he knew how to make when he was younger. Cereal made a cut out of his pallet once mama Sonya came to live in New Orleans, she made his taste buds boujie.

Although what Rashad said was funny, Bradley couldn't help but to highlight a certain part. "So, you're with me?" Asked, Bradley as her brow raised.

Rashad scoffed. "After last night, I would hope so," Just like Bradley was in a daze last night, so was Rashad. Even though she was abstinent for three years, she still remembered a few tricks and positions that drove Rashad wild. "Or are you one of those girls that's gonna give me hell about asking them to be my lady?"

Bradley thought it over. "I'm definitely one of those girls,"

Rashad chuckled. "Cool, because I was hoping you were,"

Bradley entered the shop with a smile on her face. She was glowing and jubilant. "Well I just got to the shop, I'll call you when I can,"

"I'm bringing you lunch so I'll see you sooner than you think," He said his goodbyes before the phone call ended.

Bradley felt like she was floating on clouds. Nothing could bring her down. She glides towards her booth not realizing how quiet and tension filled the shop was.