43| Anything For You

NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA

RASHAD FAREWOOD,

Rashad scanned his eyes at the display case of the jewelry store. He had been in there for over thirty minutes and nothing the jewelry offered caught his attention. "What about this one?" Victoria presses her finger against the thick glass pointing at the trinity of diamonds that were hoisted up on a gold band.

Rashad scratched his fingers through his goatee. "I don't know Vic, it's nice and all, but will she like it?" He asked.

Victoria let out an impatient groan. "Dad, we've been to three different stores and you managed to not find one ring, at this point give her a ring pop, she'll be over the moon ecstatic either way," Due to Paige having to head out of state for an emergency with her father, Rashad asked the other little lady in his life, which happened to be his daughter. She was happy to help her dad find an engagement ring, but he was making this hard.

Rashad chuckled. "Vic shut up, you just don't understand,"

"I completely understand, you want this to be perfect for her," Victoria smiled up at her dad. Seeing him in love again was a joy. The last run-in he had with love was with Rayven. Victoria watched her father loose himself in order to love Rayven wholeheartedly without receiving an ounce of love in return. Rayven was a dark soul, and Victoria was glad her dad gotten rid of her. Bradley was much better. She loved the family, and the family loved her.

Rashad nodded. "Yup, she deserves it," He continued looking through the store knowing that he wouldn't find a thing that was up to his and Bradley's standards.

"So what are your plans old man? How are you gonna pop the big question?" Victoria was getting antsy for the sake of Bradley. The fact that Bradley was oblivious to all of this made Victoria want to belch it out from the top of her lungs that soon Bradley would be Bradley Farewood, instead of Bradley Hughes. Everything was just so exciting and made her smile even when she didn't want to.

Rashad shrugged. "I don't know. I put her best friends in a group chat and they've just been throwing ideas at me," He chuckled. The good ideas mostly came from Georgia and Usiah, everything Posh suggested included a stripper and was set in the deepest part of the hood.

"Any good ones?" Victoria batted her lashes hoping her cuteness would have her dad swooned enough to let her know something.

Rashad raised a teasing brow. "Can I trust you?"

"Duh, I'm your daughter," She held out her hand which resulted in them doing their signature handshake that they made up for Victoria's first track meet in middle school.