2 - Cuddles

Late into the night, Olivia was curled under a blanket on the sofa and struggling to keep her eyes open. She'd promised Alyssa that she wouldn't wait up but she couldn't bear to be asleep when she finally got home. Her vision was beginning to cloud over when the door finally unlocked. Olivia quickly shifted into a more upright position as Alyssa softly stepped inside. Her brow creased into a frown when she saw that Olivia was awake.

"What are you doing up?"

"I didn't want to sleep without it," Olivia replied softly, pouting sleepily at Alyssa and hoping she wouldn't be too mad.

"You'll be exhausted if you keep this up." Alyssa gently settled next to her.

"I hope you won't be making a habit of it," Olivia began to say but Alyssa quickly shook her head.

"No. It was just a long day at work." She freed her hair from its ponytail and shook it out before carefully laying in Olivia's lap. Olivia began running her fingers through it.

"You're the one who looks washed out."

"I've just been a little stressed and overworked." She nestled more against her girlfriend and the fleece blanket.

"Then take some time off or something..." Olivia's words were beginning to run together  and she trailed off.

"Go to sleep sweetie." Alyssa smoothed her hand across Olivia's thigh.

"Only if you do."

"I don't think I'll have a choice," she responded, laughing softly followed by a slight yawn. "Goodnight darling. I love you."

"I love you too." Olivia bent down and pressed a kiss into her hair before laying back. She gently played with Alyssa's hair until her girlfriend fell fast asleep across her legs. Snuggling into her, it didn't take long for her to join her.