15 - Phone Call

It was nearly 1am but Natasha still wasn't asleep. Her mind was racing with thoughts, mostly of Tanya, and her attempt to sleep had just resulted in tossing and turning. Who was she kidding? She was thinking entirely of Tanya. Her stunning and sweet girlfriend who was away for two weeks. It was only her first night without her and she was already suffering major withdrawal symptoms.

She stared down longingly at her phone. A text flashed up on the screen with scarily good timing. Squinting a little from the sudden bright light, she picked it up to read the message.

'Are you awake?'

Tanya! It was from Tanya. She'd been thinking about her too. It was like almost like they were connected.

'Of course I am. I can't sleep without you.'

'Me neither. Want to call for a bit?'

There was nothing Natasha wanted more. She eagerly typed back.

'Yes!!!'

Tanya chuckled softly from her own bed, miles away from her girlfriend but feeling much closer to her again now. She delightedly rang her and was pleased when Natasha answered quickly.

"Tanya?"

"Hey sweetie. How are you doing?" Natasha smiled at the sound of her voice.

"A lot better now I can hear you. But I'm exhausted and missing the feeling of your arms so badly."

"Oh me too honey. But it's only for a couple of weeks. And then I'll be kissing and cuddling you non-stop when I get back."

"Mmm I can't wait," Natasha hummed. "I suppose thinking of that can get me through the nights."

"You sound worn out baby. You really need to try and sleep."

"Believe me, I have. It's just not working." Tanya thought for a moment.

"Lay down and get comfy." Natasha did as she was told and settled back against her pillow with the covers pulled over her.

"Ok. I did it," she mumbled, closing her eyes. Tanya cleared her throat and began to softly sing to her. Her voice was silvery and melodious as it flooded Natasha's ears with beautiful lyrics. It was a special song to them, one they both held close to their heart and had many cherished memories attached to it. Natasha was finally able to drift off into a comfortable sleep, her mind now full of hand holding, forehead kisses and soft snuggles on cold days.