26 - Library

"We've really got to focus today. I can't believe our first exam is at the end of the week." Annie and Caitlyn were sitting in the library. Annie snorted at the idea of her girlfriend being able to concentrate on schoolwork.

"Yeah right Cait."

"I mean it," she pouted. "And don't be so loud, we're supposed to keep quiet."

"Coming from you," Annie muttered, although she did lower her voice. Caitlyn looked over the chart she'd made to organise her studying and groaned.

"Oh my god. I have more to do than I realised."

"Shhh," Annie giggled. "You literally just told me to keep it down and then started yelling," she whispered. Caitlyn glared at her, lips pressed together, and looked back at her list of tasks.

"We've really left it all to the last minute."

"You have, you mean. I've got less than half of your amount of stuff to go over," Annie pointed out.

"It's not my fault I'm so easily distracted. Like during last year's mock exam." Caitlyn looked at her with a grin. "Do you remember? When Aaron fell off of his chair?" Her lips became a thin line again as she tried not to laugh.

"I remember that." Annie smirked too.

"It was so funny but it completely threw me. I couldn't focus on my paper after that." She couldn't hold it in any longer and burst out laughing.

"Caitlyn! Shut up," Annie hissed, while still trying not to let herself laugh as well. She put a hand over her mouth to help as her face went red and her cheeks puffed up slightly.

"Stop it! You're making it worse!" Caitlyn's laughter was getting way too loud now. "I need to get away from you." She piled up her books and papers and stood up. Walking away from Annie, she struggled to keep them balanced as she laughed and they slid and fell with a loud crash. She gasped.

"That's it. You two need to leave now!" the librarian insisted.

"What? Me as well? But I didn't do anything," Annie whined.

"Both you. Right now please! You're disrupting a quiet working area." Annie looked back at Caitlyn with a scowl as she gathered up her own things and stormed out.

"Annie! Wait up." She quickly followed her and tried to link arms with her.

"Don't." Annie tried to wriggle her arm free. "I hate you."

"I love you too," she grinned. "And you should be happy, you were right. Library's really aren't my scene."