Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I was in third grade when I understood what love was. At least I thought I did. I wasn't sure that there was a lot more to understand than just being someone's girlfriend and having your first kiss.

I sat on the swings next to Cory, one of the only guys who actually liked me as a friend. We sat in silence while hearing the faint creaks of the rusted iron on the school swings. We were usually here after school. Since both of our parents worked and there was no one at home to take care of us, we had to stay at school together with the counselors.

"Hey, Cory?" I asked to bring up a conversation. He hummed in response and turned his head to me. "Do you want to play a game to know how much we know about each other? You are my best friend. You should know."

"That sounds fun! How do you play?" His face glowed at the mention of a game.

"I will ask you ten questions about me, and you have to answer them."

"What do I get if I get them all right?" My eyebrows knitted together and I tapped on my chin to think.

"Well, you could have whatever you want," I said.

"Anything I want?"

"Anything you want."

"Okay. Let's start."

"Okay. What is my favorite color?"

"Ooh! Dark blue!"

"Correct. What is my favorite TV show?"

"My Little Pony."

He continued to answer all the questions correctly. I was starting to get a little ticked off. I angrily blew the lock of hair out of my face. I took a deep breath, hoping to take the risk for this last question.

"I'm sure you won't get this one," I smirked. "Who is my crush?" He looked at me for a second with a blank expression until I saw he had a smirk on his face as well. He leaned in to whisper in my ear.

"It's me, isn't it?" At that moment, I didn't know why, but my heart started beating as if there was a drum-set being played in my body. I blushed and turned my head away from him.

"Ask," I mumbled.

"What?" He tilted his head to the side to explain.

"What do you want? You got all the answers right." I could hear him whisper a "Yes!" to the side.

"Look at me." I did, and he did something I never knew he would do to me. He leaned towards me again. This time, not to whisper in my ear. He pressed his lips to mine. It only lasted for a couple of seconds, but it felt like my heart was about to explode.

"I like you too, Mika." He replied. Instead of holding my hand like I expected him to, He just walked away.

I gasped as I felt something warm on my lips. When I found out what it was, I figured that it was Liam's lips. Of course.

As much as I wanted to push him off, I continued to kiss him so that I know that he wouldn't get a doubt about me. After a minute of making it seem pretty realistic, I pushed away, acting like I was gasping for air when I really didn't. As a person who could hold their breath underwater for about three minutes, a minute means nothing to me. I looked at my wrist to see my watch. I gasped.

"Oh God. Lunch is over. I have to go now." I scrambled off his lap. He groaned and held my hand so that I wouldn't go.

"Do you have to leave?" He pulled me closer. "We could just skip class and do something better." He winked and raised his eyebrow suggestively.