Epilogue

~Epilogue

3 years later

Looking off in the distance, I watched as the sparks in the sky burst in the air and disappeared momentarily before they came back into view.

Fireworks of red, white and blue were seen, and some other colors as well.

Yes, it was the Fourth of July.

A smile crept to my face as I felt arms around me, one hand on mine as I felt our rings clink together, and the other hand on my large stomach, rubbing gently. It's been three years since Clyde and I have been married, and I was finally able to conceive at the beginning of last year.

That was my first pregnancy which ended as a miscarriage only about three to four months into the pregnancy. We were lucky that at the end of the year last year, I found out I was pregnant again. Luckily, it has been successful so far. I'm in the middle of my ninth month. The due date is right around the corner, and I can't wait until the baby comes out.

"I love you." I looked up at him. I felt a tear slip out of my eye. I didn't know why I was crying. Probably those hormones.

"Are you hurt? Why are you crying?" He looked like he was going to freak out and almost sweep my feet off the ground, ready to take me to the hospital. I stifled a laugh.

"No, I'm not. It's just that we've made it so far, and I'm happy. I love you so much." He kissed my cheek and turned me around.

"I love you too, Mika. I'm glad I made it this far with you. We're married, we'll have a beautiful daughter or son with us in a week or two. I'm proud of you."

"I'm sorry you had to deal with all my mood swings." I sobbed. He only chuckled, kissing my forehead.

"I found it amusing, and I have learned a couple of stuff I didn't know in the past seven years we knew each other. I know you could be a handful sometimes, but you are definitely the best thing that has ever happened to me."

He placed his lips on mine, moving them slowly and passionately. I did too, forgetting about the world. I wished I could have pulled him closer, but the baby was there. I couldn't just crush the child. I continued to kiss him until I felt something.

I pulled away and looked down at my stomach, feeling a kick but much harder. Soon enough, my thighs felt wet, feeling liquid dribble down them.

"M-My water b-broke." I felt lightheaded. I didn't feel like I was ready for this. I felt like I was going to faint, but I came back to my senses when I felt a large wave of pain in my lower abdomen.

I screamed in pain, feeling eyes on me. I didn't even realize that I was being carried by Clyde. I was crying hysterically because of the pain. I wished I had a high pain tolerance.

"Clyde." I choked on my tears and screamed in pain once again. He lied me down in the back seat and he took the driver's seat.

"Shh... It'll be okay. Just bare with it. There's a hospital about a mile away." He spoke fast, a habit he had when he's nervous and scared. He pressed the gas pedal, making us move onto the road.

Thank God there was no traffic signal we had to wait at. In just a matter of seconds, we were there in the emergency area of the hospital. The placed me on a stretcher, and into the operation theater. Clyde was holding my hand the whole time, never letting it go for one second.

He always hated how fast my hands get sweaty, but this time, he didn't complain, and I was glad he didn't. I wasn't in a mood to argue. He understood me, and that's what I love about him.

"It'll be over, Mika." He caressed my cheek and kissed my hand.

"It's easier for you to say." I gritted out. My screams wouldn't stop. The pain just got worse by the second. I wanted this to be over as soon as possible.

After what seemed like hours of pushing and almost fainting because of the immense waves of pain, a cry filled the room. I weak smile came across my face before I lost consciousness, allowing myself to go into a long and peaceful sleep.

~~~

I woke up with the feeling of a hand on my cheek. I leaned into its touch, opening my eyes slowly so that they can adjust to the light.

"How are you feeling?" Clyde asked.

"Better, but still weak." My voice was strained. Of course, it took a long time and a lot of energy to push the baby. "Where's the baby?" I looked around the room like a lost puppy looking for its owner.

"Here." I turned to see him with a small bundle in his arms. I carefully took the bundle, and I instantly wanted to cry. "It's a girl."

"She's beautiful." I croaked. Clyde's arms circled my shoulder and he placed a kiss on my head.

Her eyes were a royal blue, a color that I thought never existed for eye color. She barely had any hair on her head, but I could tell she got Clyde's hair. Her face had no freckles, and that reminded me of Mom.

"I'm so proud of you. I'm proud of us." He bent down to peck my lips. "I've thought of a name as well." He sat down.

"What is it?"

"I was thinking Martina Kathryn Beaumont." Martina was Mom's name, and Kathryn was my sister.

"It sounds wonderful." I gazed down at her with nothing but love. "Martina Kathryn Beaumont."

I jumped in my place when I heard the door open up and people run in. I breathed out in relief, realizing it was just Clyde's parents, his brother, and Sierra and Liam.

I know, right? I was surprised that Sierra ended up with Liam. They were together for all of college, and they are engaged.

Then there were Clyde's parents. His mother was hysterical when she found out I was an orphan. She didn't like that about me. But when I spent time with her, she realized that I was better than she thought I was, and she acted like a real mother ever since.

I wanted to think that everything that happened to me about seven years ago was just a nightmare. There was too much going on at the time, and my life was literally a mess.

I was glad that Clyde came into my life. It was like a gift from God, to have someone care about me. We may have gone from zero to a hundred in a couple of days since the day we met (and I don't mean anything sexual here), but all that matters is that we care about and love each other.

I thought I would live for him only, but he gave me another reason to live. Martina.

There's nothing else I'd rather do than stay with them forever.

THE END

And the book is finally over!

Happy Independence Day to all of those Americans out there!

Next part is going to be about all the other books that I wrote and books that I am currently writing. Please do read them!

That's all for this book my fluffy muffins (you choose the flavor ;))

V O T E

C O M M E N T 

S H A R E