Chapter 7

AND... A COUPLE MORE MOMENTS

~Chapter 7

I grimaced as I gulped down the rest of the lasagna that was on my plate. Yes, it was freshly made in the morning, but that's not the point. It was hospital food.

I heard from other people that hospital food was terrible, but I thought that they were exaggerating about it. I didn't know that they actually meant it.

I grabbed the bottle of water from the tray and drank it until the horrid taste left my mouth. Gosh, I should have asked for something else. Maybe the nurse could have made me something in the kitchen. She asked me before, but I said no.

Ughh... What a mistake.

I heard a feminine laugh from the door. I looked up to see her, Doctor Anna-Marie, my doctor since the last few days I was in this hospital.

"I know. The hospital food sucks. That's why I get my own food from home." She sat next to me.

"It's good that you get your own food. I wonder if they actually put medicine in their food. Their cherry pie tastes like cherry flavored Benedril." I shuddered remembering the taste.

She nodded and laughed again. Her smile was contagious, and she was also really nice. I liked her a lot. She was outgoing and fun. She reminded me of my friends that I had before all that happened.

"How do you feel today?" She asked me.

"I feel sad that I can't have a McFlurry, but overall, my body feels a little better." She chuckled.

"And have you gotten your period yet?"

"Just this morning. I don't think it's going to end anytime soon, right?" She sighed.

"I believe not. You have been on birth control since the past two years, and it's going to take a really long time. Take about a month. Maybe even longer." I groaned.

"Being on your period sucks. And I haven't had it for a long time. I have to change my pad almost every hour. It's so annoying!"

"I understand your pain, Mika." I hugged my pillow. "But it's better that you got it now. Or else you would never get it again."

"I would rather never have it again in my life."

"But then you would be unable to conceive." Conceiving is a totally different story. I don't need to know about having children at the moment.

A pregnant pause came in between us.

Ha! What a pun!

Get it? Because we were talking about conceiving and then I said 'pregnant pause'?

God, I make terrible jokes.

"Can I walk around a little. I need to stretch my legs. Come with me?" I offered. She checked the time and nodded.

"Just for ten minutes. Then I have to check on another patient and you have to take some rest."

"Rest, rest, rest. Nothing ever happened to my body." I hopped onto my feet with care as we walked out of the hospital building, walking to the garden.

"You have to recover fully before you go to school if you don't want anyone to get a doubt."

"School?" I groaned again.

"You'll most likely go tomorrow. If not, then the day after."

"Come on, the day after is a Friday. What's the point of going then?"