Chapter 14

OKAY. This is the last chapter before the epilogue! AAAHHH

~Chapter 14

I squealed when I heard my phone on my nightstand. I randomly pressed something on the screen, finally making the phone shut up. At that moment, I didn't care if I pressed "Snooze" or "Stop". I just needed some sleep. Some peace.

I didn't want to wake up, but I had to when I felt something happen at the pit of my stomach. A feeling that told me to go to the bathroom.

It didn't even take a couple of seconds before I was kneeling down in front of the toilet bowl, throwing up whatever I ate last night for dinner. Actually... I didn't eat anything for dinner. I don't remember anything from last night. I stood up and looked at myself in the mirror, only to see a person that looked very unhealthy.

Dark bags under my eyes, my face was pale and almost discolored, my lips were purple and my hair was all over the place. I looked like the definition of an alien.

Then that headache. It wasn't normal, like any other one I had. My head was burning with heat, cold, every sensation I ever felt. It hurt too much. I never knew it was physically possible to have a migraine this bad.

I brushed my teeth and walked out of the bathroom, only to see that it was terribly messy. Then all of it started to come back to me.

Wearing this slutty outfit, seeing Shayla in the mirror and Clyde.

No, no...

Clyde was just there in my thoughts, in the mirror. He was never here physically.

Suddenly, I felt a surge of pain go through my head. I hissed and sat down on my bed so that I wouldn't fall. I grabbed my phone and lied down on my bed to prevent the nauseous feeling that was about to come over me. I looked through my phone to find the contact and pressed "Call" when I found it. I pressed the phone to my ear, waiting for the person to answer.

"Mika?" The person asked on the other side of the line.

"Anna-Marie," I replied groggily. I sounded terrible.

"Oh, my. What happened to you?" She asked me.

"I'm sick. Could you come over?"

"You're lucky that your house is on the way to the clinic. I'll be there in five." I didn't have the energy to say anything, so I just nodded, even though she couldn't see.

I decided to close my eyes for a while, and just like that, I was in a deep sleep.

It didn't even seem like a minute before I opened my eyes again. I heard my door open and Anna-Marie walk through the doorway.

I felt the bed dip as she sat down and placed her hand on my forehead.

"You're not burning up, but what happened to your room?" She asked me, having a better look around.

"I don't remember what all happened. But what I do remember is that I saw myself as Shayla. Then I started drinking." She looked at me in disbelief. She wrapped her arms around my shoulders only for a couple of seconds.

"You have to let it go, Mika." She said, quietly.

"I know, but I just can't she's a part of me that I cannot get rid of," I whispered. I didn't want to go on with this talk. I know that she would haunt me sometime in my life.

"Do you want me to stay here to take care of you? If you want, I can tell Lily to be there for me."

"No, it's alright. You have patients-"