Chapter 9

Here it is guys!

~Chapter 9

There was a big difference in the times that I went to school before and now. I was glad that I had lived to see this difference.

Okay... maybe I'm being a little over-dramatic, but still. I was glad that there was a change in my life.

I managed to make a friend, and my Photography teacher saw my awesome photography skills. It has been a long time since I have done photography in general, but I'm glad that I still have those skills. Probably there in my blood. My dad worked as a photographer in National Geographic, and my mom was a teacher for teenagers interested in photography. My sister, however, was terrible at taking pictures. I found it odd as she was better than me in painting and sketching.

I suddenly felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around, only to see one of the only people I used to hang out with.

"Um, yes?" I asked her.

"Oh, sorry. It felt like you were someone I knew." Sierra's eyes were puffy and slightly red as if she was crying.

"Oh. Why are you crying?" I asked her. I didn't think anyone could feel bad that Shayla's dead. I mean, she was a terrible person, right?

"Can you come with me to the locker room?" She asked me. She didn't even let me answer. She grabbed my hand and dragged me off into the locker room. There was no one in here; just the two of us.

Right as she sat on the wooden bench in the middle of the small area, she burst into tears. I wasn't sure how to comfort her. Her sobs were soft, but I still felt bad for her.

"Umm..." I sat next to her and laid a hand on her shoulder. It was then when she hugged me slowly, placing her forehead on my shoulder.

"Y-you don't h-have t-to do any-t-thing. Just stay h-here so th-that I can f-feel b-better." She managed to say through her sobs. Not once have I ever seen Sierra cry her eyes out.

She was always so confident, and she put herself out there all the time. When she got the chance, she would take her spotlight. She was the best in her own mind.

Gradually, her sobs became softer, to the point that she wasn't crying anymore. Just a tear or two in between.

"So, will you tell me why you were crying?" I asked her. She lifted her head, and boy, did she look like a mess.

"I think you're a new student right? I mean, I never saw you in my Math class before." Oh... so she was in that class of at least twenty-five students. I nodded so that she can continue. "You were there for the assembly this morning, right? The girl who passed away was my best friend for two years. You remind me of her. She also had blonde hair and blue eyes."

"W-what was she like?" I didn't want to blow my cover, because, of course! Everyone thinks that Shayla is dead.

"She was nice to me and hung around the guys a lot. After all, she was the slut of the school. She was beautiful, hot, rich, and really smart. You would never expect someone to be all of that in one person. But some people didn't like her too much since she had a bad reputation. She slept around a lot and took money for it." I raised my eyebrows at how calm she seemed about it. Sierra always hated the fact that I slept around for money. "I know." She laughed at my expression. "I never really liked it, but she did it anyway, and I had nothing to do but to respect her decision." A couple seconds passed before she said something that made me feel guilty for no reason: "And now she's gone." Her voice broke slightly.

"I don't think this Shayla girl would really like it if you cried too much because of her death. People come and go a lot, and I have experienced it. You should think of it as a sign that maybe, something new might happen." I placed my hand on her cheek and smiled sadly. Never have I ever had a meaningful talk with Sierra.