-twentythree-

x

The omegas that the packs liberated were back with their families and the council was dealing with the rest of the auction houses. Connor was taken into the council along with Taylor and James was buried in a wolf cemetery by order of the council. Both of the packs were at Jacob's house trying to calm down from the eventfulness that was the last two weeks. 

Zayden had found Lily after she had ran away but she refused to talk to anyone and spent most of her time in the backyard. Troye was tending to Jacob who was damn near exhausted from everything. Raven stayed in her room with the lights off and haven't left since they got back, Ria would peak her head in from time to time to make sure she was okay and occasionally brought her food. 

"Still hasn't come out of her room hasn't she?" Jacob said as Ria walked into his room. 

She nods her head. "Yeah," She says. "It really took a toll on her... how are you two?" 

"Hannah said that all Jacob needs is some bed rest and he should be fine," Troye said. "Seems like he's been running on 'E' since I was taken."

Jacob sits up on the bed. "What about Lily," He says. 

"Zayden found her back at the auction house and brought her here, just like Raven she won't come in from the backyard. They are both really hurting," She then leans against the door. "What's the word on your father."

The alpha sighs. "He's going to be under watch for awhile, the same as Connor. He broke several rules they were going to execute him but I begged the council not to."

"Then your mom and sister?" She says. 

Jacob shrugs. "Won't know anything until all of the auction houses are taken down. That won't be for another few months. "

Ria nods. "Packs are waiting for a word from you... whenever you're ready of course." She says before leaving. 

x

It was later in the day and Ria was walking past Raven's room. She stopped at the doorframe like she always does and peers in at the female alpha's room. 

"Ria?" Raven says and the beta quickly moved from the door and pressed her back up against the wall. "Ria, I'm an alpha... I can smell you."

Ria sighs and stands in the way of the door. Raven raises her hand and gestures for Ria to come in. She does and sits on the bed besides Raven. The female alpha looked completely distraught, her hair was a mess and her face was still bloody. 

"Could you lay with me..." Raven says. "Please?" She then scooted over giving Raven some room to lie down. The two laid facing each other in a comfortable silence before Raven spoke up.

"Am I a monster for... doing it?" She says, she couldn't bring herself to say it.

Ria sighed. "You did what you had to do," She says. "You aren't a monster for protecting your pack... it's what alpha's do."

"Lily thinks I am," Raven says. 

"No she doesn't," Ria said. 

Raven nods her head. "I know she does... I can feel it. Lily was happy with him and I killed the only thing that makes her happy." 

Ria put her hand on the side of Raven's face. "She grew up around lies and oblivious to what was going on around her and in a few short days her whole world came crashing down, you aren't to blame for that."

"I wish I was never an alpha," Raven says. 

Ria rested her head in her hand. "Don't say that," She says before moving some hair out of Raven's face. "You are a lot stronger than you think you are."