-twentyfour-

x

Ria was walking down the hall of the pack house before stopping in front of Raven's room. But instead of Raven being in there, it was her brother. He was looking at a picture of what she assumed was their family. 

"Jacob said any of us are more than welcome to join his pack," She says walking into the room. "Are you going to stay."

 Zayden sat the picture frame down. "I don't think I will," He says before turning to face Ria. "My work is in Westward. You should stay though, you seem to feel at home here." He says hinting at how close Raven and Ria have been getting. 

Ria felt her face heat up as she cleared her throat. "But what about Raven and Lily, the three of you haven't been together in awhile. Surely they'd be upset with you leaving."

"I know," Zayden says. "But it's not like I won't visit them. I'm not going to disappear entirely but... Westward is my home."

Ria crosses her arms. "When are  you going to tell them."

"I'm not." 

Ria raises an eyebrow. "You aren't."

"Nope," He says. "And you won't either, after all they've been through the last thing I want is for them to be sad over me... if you care at all for my sister you aren't going to tell her."

Ria gave him a look. "What?"

"I saw the way you reacted when we got her from that auction house and how you look at her... it's obvious that you care for her and I'm glad it's my best friend and not some rando," Hey says before grabbing Ria's hands. "I just don't want them to worry."

"Worry about what?" Raven says causing the two wolves to turn to her. 

Ria walks over to her. "The council finding your mother," She says. "I gotta go and talk to the rest of the Westward pack." She then kisses Raven on the cheek and heads downstairs. 

"Seems like you two are getting close," Zayden says. "Is it too late for the protective big brother speech."

Raven rolls her eyes. "Shut up Zay."

x

Troye was sitting on the bed looking at an album book full of pictures of Jacob and his family. As he looked through the pictures he realized how much Jacob looked like his mom and dad. Yes he knew that obviously Jacob would look like his parents but he never knew how much. He had his mothers smile and his fathers eyes. 

"Everyone always said I have my mothers eyes."

"Yeah you do," Troye says looking up and taking note of the suit Jacob was wearing. "What's with the suit."

Jacob walks into the room further and hands Troye a single rose. "Well with everything that was going on we've never been on a proper date. So... I took it upon myself to make reservations for a resturant."

"It's not some diner is it?" Troye says. 

"It's actually not in this part of town," Jacob says. "Ben found this nice restaurant a little ways from here, I borrowed a car from a friend so we can go. I also took the liberty of buying you this," He walks back into the hall and come in with a suit in a plastic garmet bag.

Troye stood up and looked at the suit in awe. "Jacob...." He said. "It's beautiful, you didn't have to but this for me."

"I know," He says. "But I wanted to, your the mate of an alpha... a well known on at that, even if it is for all of the wrong reasons."

Troye looks down at the suit and then Jacob. "I- when are we going?"

"In about two hours," Jacob said. "So I say you should get ready now."