chapter three

This world I had been cast into was hot. I spat on the ground, ridding myself of my brothers blood. I smiled for a moment rembering the shock and anger I had caused. Shaking my head, I looked over the desolate and fiery plains.

To my suprise I spotted what looked like a house a few hundred yards off. Shrugging my shoulder I started for it, thinking it was better than staying out here.

When I reached the house, I laid in its shadow taking several deep breaths. It hurt to do so. When I finally caught my breath I sat up and looked at the house. It was nothing compared to fathers, but I was better that what the mortals had, so I guess I couldn't really complain.

I walked up the stairs and knocked on the door. Someone else had to be living here for it to be here, because honestly, I don't think father would have built his problem child a decent house like this. The door creaked open to reveal a young woman. She gasped in surprise when she saw me.

"Lucifer?" Her voice held astonishment. I however was confused.

"Who are you? How do you know my name?" I asked and raised an eyebrow in suspension.

"I think I would know my own blood" she said. My face turned to syprise.

"But father said you had died"
She laughed for a moment.

"Your father is an old fool. I faked my death. He was becoming much too overbearing. My wish was to take you with me. I knew your father wouldn't want anything to do with you after I was gone, but I just never found the right time"

"In all the years since you couldn't have found me?" I whispered, the thought of her abandoning me too much to take in.

"The oportunity never arose. You were either always in heaven, which is no small task to break in, or on your fathers new mortal realm which he always had an eye on."
I turned away from her, tears gathering in my eyes. She was alive.

"Come on in, I'll fix you something to drink. You must be parched" she said and opened the door wider. I nodded gratefully.

We sat in the living room catching up on many different subjects like how fathers mortals were progressing, if heaven had changed any. Suddenly a loud crack of thunder interrupted. I walked to one of the windows overlooking the front yard. There in the dust laid a male. I scrambled to the door and swung it open.

Dashing down the front steps I leaned over him. His breathing was heavy and harsh. I picked him up and took him inside.

"Put him on the couch" she ordered and I obliged. She grabbed a damp towel and placed it on his head.

"Will he be alright?" I question, concern for the male flooding me in unexpected waves.

"Im sure he will be alright. Stay with him untill I get back" she said as she walked towards the door.

"Where are you going?"

"Out, I'll be back in a bit. Keep that cloth damp." I nodded and she left. Sitting back in my chair I loosed a sigh and closed my eyes resting for a moment.

I looked down at the male below me. His blonde hair was streaked through with bright red blood. Tears streamed down my face. They were quickly dried by the harsh hot wind rolling through the plains.

"Lucifer...just...stop" the male said, blood dribbling down his chin.

"I can't...you know that" I whisper back.

"He's gonna...kill you...Lucifer if you don't...surrender..."

"He will do it either way"
A wet cough cane from him, his eyes closing.
"No...please don't...please don't leave me" I plead, wet tears flowing freely down my cheeks.

I jolted into counciesness as someone poked my shoulder. My eyes glanced at the male I had saved. He was awake now, his face was contorted with a look of fear. His eyes were completely black as he stared at me, and his hair... the sane golden hair from my dream.