Chapter 1 - A Nice Friend

I remember the last time I saw Sonia.. which was yesterday. She is a pretty girl.. one who everyone would love. One that I'd like too. Of course! I've known her for most of my school years! We've always been in the same home room. Though it feels like we never actually get along.. there's always that someone who takes up her time! You know that feeling when you're so close to someone, but then that one person cuts your whole relationship? Yeah. That's my situation. I just don't understand it! Why does she even like Gundham? He's nothing more than someone who wants to kill everyone. He said it himself!

I was too tired to think anymore. I just kept on walking to the cafe that I like. Since I had some money, why not get away from the old ruckus going on at home! The ruckus of everybody. The ruckus with Sonia. All I need right now is just some nice lemonade. That's all I want at the moment.

I would always order lemonade at places. It was my favorite drink. The lemonade reminds me of Sonia's hair; smooth, nice, and light yellow. And the taste reminds me of her personality! Sweet, with a little of tang. Tang.. why did that come up? Jesus what am I thinking?

I'd be at the cafe, opening up the door. The door bell would make a sound as I walked in. The smell of sweet donuts attacked me, but what caught my attention was Ibuki looking at me.

"Kazuichi! Oh how Ibuki is happy to see you! Come!"

I'd walk over.

Ibuki was one of my only friends. She was sweet and cute. Kind of like Sonia, but more hyper.

Jesus why is Sonia on my mind?

"What brings you over to Ibuki?"
She'd say as her eyes sparkled
"Oh? I just came for some lemonade-"
She'd gasp
"lemonade? Same as Ibuki! But there's frozen lemonade!"
"Frozen lemonade?"
"Yeah! Only 5$!"

I had 10$. This was perfect.

"Oh! Well then I guess I'll get that!"
"Same as Ibuki!"
She'd laugh.

We'd go up to the counter and order two frozen lemonades.

"Two frozen lemonades for us!"
Ibuki would say
I'd just stand there looking up at the menu. Nothing was interesting. I'd see the frozen lemonade special sign up there as well. 'Only 5$! Get a frozen lemonade now!'
They didn't show any cup sizes though. They probably only have those small cups.

As Ibuki told me to sit down. I nearly zoned out.
"Wait- who's going to pay?"
"Ibuki will, silly!"
"What? No-"
I'd quickly try to get the 10$ I had
"Nono don't worry! Ibuki has the money!"
"Yeah but- you don't have to pay for mine!"
I'd slam the 10$ on the table
"Just... keep your money, ok?"
"Ok fine.. but Ibuki will repay you!"
I'd just sigh. There's no point in fighting Ibuki. One of your only friends. A nice one, too.

We'd sit down at a table. Ibuki tried to slip out a 10$ and put it on the table

"Oh forget it, Ibuki! You don't have to pay me back."
"Yes I do! It was your money!"
"And?"
"Annnnnd, I know about your life! Now take the money!"
"I told you many times, I'm fine!"
"No you're not, and Ibuki knows it! Now. Take!"

Guilt would run through me. Why is she this nice to me? She has other people to hang out with. All I am is just some filthy pervert! Right? That's what everyone seems to think! I.. think?

"Sheesh. Fine. I'll take the money."
"Yay! Ibuki is victorious!"
The lemonade would come out
"Yeah. Whatever."