Chapter 3: Acrylic Nails, Glittery Eyeshadow, and Contour

Chapter 3 - Acrylic Nails, Glittery Eyeshadow, and Contour

"Miles? Oh my gosh? Is that you?" "Violet?" I got up from the patient I was attending. I then gave him a rough hug. "What on earth are you doing here? I was damn sure you would have been working the stock market by now." "I'm actually here for an internship interview." "Miles Grenwald interviewing at my job? Looks like Imma have to call my boss and tell him to get you hired!" "Really?" "Oh you dumb bastard. I'm a damn nurse! What power do you think I have in this place? Magic?" "Wow you really haven't changed a lot since high school have you Violet?" "Nah, but now I can still put in a word for you or two about you." "What's the deal?" "Get coffee with me after your interview?" "Deal."

"Cut." The director yelled. Filming had begun and it actually wasn't as frightening as my mind was leading it to be. I mean of course I was nervous but who isn't? I had only done a couple rehearsal scenes with Zach but honestly working with him was very easy. He was super polite. "Hey you were great!" Zach called after me and gave me a light hug. "Thanks! So were you dang you're good!" We both laughed and smiled at each other and for a second I thought he was kinda into me.

But, out of the corner of my damn eye I could see Amber goddamn Roselake roll her eyes at me. Oh I had it with that bitch. This whole week of filming she had been late. This whole week. She had been late to filming so many times it held everybody up. It pushed back people's scenes and so Zach's was pushed back, Elizabeth's was and so was mine. And then she goes and has the audacity to roll her eyes at me! I had had it. But remembered what Gunnar said. But then I remember what I wanted.

I walked up to her, grabbed her hand and lead her out to where our trailers were. Of course they were right next to each other! "What the hell is your problem with me huh? What did I do besides hit your stupid fricking huh? There wasn't even a dent!" "Why do care so much! Fricking march in here thinking you know what's happening when you really don't? Who in hell even are you anyways?" "God! I can't stand people like you! So entitled to everything!" "And I can't stand people like you acting like you know everything when you're really just a nobody!" "I see right through that façade Amber!" "What façade?"

"Oh I'm surprised you even know what the word means! I know girls like you all obsessed with acrylic nails, glittery eyeshadow, and contour! Ooo look at me! Look at me yay!" "So what if I like those things huh?" "You're the type of girl that's gonna get a Range Rover as a gift when she gets married and finds the perfect NFL to be her husband." "I don't fricking date you jerk!" "Really? Oh my gosh have you even done anything with a guy yet?" "No. No I haven't. There. Do you feel better about yourself now? Huh?" "Actually I do. Thanks for asking. But just so you know not all of us can be like virgin saint Guadalupe Roselake over here." "Screw you!" Amber then ran into her trailer and then I ran into mine.

That. That was a mess. I started thinking more and more about what Gunnar said and about that PR nightmare. But I didn't care. She was a bitch I couldn't stand her! Holding everybody up at filming, rolling her eyes at me! What's her deal? Gosh I hate her. At least this trailer was nice. Oh it was really nice. I was still so pissed off about Amber and it was still making me smile. Gosh I loved it. I took in a deep breath and took a water off the stand that was there. Oh you bet I took a thousand selfies while in here. It was great. It even had its own private bathroom! I didn't have my own private bathroom or bedroom! It was great. I looked over lines some more while in there. Still just pissed at Amber. But honestly, I was loving my life and she wasn't stopping it.

Nico tossed me a banana on the way out of the house. Robbie and went out the front door and Nico and Gunnar went out the side door towards the cars. I gave Robbie part of the banana while still in the house and by the time we got out, I noticed Franklin and Eugene talking to Gunnar. "We want to have dinner with you guys! And hear about Alyssa new movie!" "Of course! She told you that?" "Robbie did." I spoke up. "Whoops." Robbie covered his mouth. "No it's fine don't worry."